20. Slowmotion

Minji POV

I'm walking towards our school's gate, feeling lonely because Haneul texted me earlier that she's sick and won't be able to come today.

I noticed a familiar back while walking down the corridor. I approach the person quietly and place my arm on his shoulder.

"Yah!" I exclaimed, smiling.

Jihoon is just staring at me, his face turning pinkish.

"Yah, Jihoon. Are you sick? You look reddish." I asked as I put my hand on his forehead.

"Reddish because of butterflies." Sanha joked with Bomin.

"What?" I asked Sanha.

"I-I'm fine. I didn't sleep much. That's why." Jihoon said.

"What do you mean you're fine? You're burning." I asked, concerned.

"Burning because of your touch." Bomin joked with Sanha.

"What?" I asked.

"Minji, don't mind them okay?" Jihoon asked.

"What are you guys talking about? Are you guys teasing me?" I asked, annoyed that I had no idea why they were laughing.

Jihoon responded, "It's.. an inside joke for boys."

"What inside-" I paused because I had just realized what they were talking about.

"You guys are gross!" I exclaimed as I ran past them.

"Y-Yah! Minji! It's not that!" Jihoon yelled.

~~~~~
When my first period began, I felt sleepy and had cramps. Oh God. No, is it already here? I took out my emergency kit and excused myself from class.

I dashed to the nearest restroom, and thank God, the corridors were empty. I don't have to hide my kit. I entered the bathroom and went inside the stall.

I checked to see if my period had arrived, and sure enough, it had. I cleaned myself up and exited the stall. Someone enters the bathroom unexpectedly. It's Jimin calling.

I walked to the other faucet and wash my hands. She's just finishing up her make-up without noticing my presence.

"Hey, Princess. You look terrified." she said as she applied lipstick to her lips.

"I got my period. That's all." I said monotonously.

Then silence enveloped us. She abruptly blocked my path as I was about to leave.

"Move." I said as I attempted to walk past her, but she again blocked my path.

"What do you want?" I asked, already irritated. Maybe it's because I'm on my period that my patience is waning right now.

"What do I want?" she asked. "I want you out of my life."

"Oh, that's too bad. We're too close right now. Looks like you have to endure my presence." I fought back.

She rolled her eyes and moved closer to me. I took a step back, feeling intimidated.

"You dare to talk to me like that? I'm older than you and I'm your leader, you bitch." She said while looking straight at my eyes.

"Leader? Pfft. You're nothing like that anymore, Eonnie. No one thinks your our leader anymore. And what did you call me? Bitch? You know what could happen to you if I tell this to the company right?" I threatened her.

"Yah, who are you to tell me on the company? Who are you to decide that? Just because they complimented you last time, you're already thinking highly of yourself." she said, pressing her index finger against my chest.