6

"Don't you look angelic!" Artemis beamed at me which I returned. I haven't felt this beautiful in so long. She wore a golden dress that hugged her hips before flowing at the bottom. Her crown placed ever so gracefully on her head. "I could not have agreed more. Absolutely stunning." Nemesis glided in wearing a red dress which looked similar to Artemis'. 

The oils that I asked Bethany for did wonders for my afro. I made sure that it was round, curly and shinning. I was so excited yet nervous because I haven't spoken or seen that guy, yeah that guy because he refused to tell me his name. We have a dance to do together and he is nowhere to be found. No one has seen him.

Artemis teleported us to the castle where deities that I've never seen before gathered. They were of all race and color, different forms too. Some of them had more than two arms and heads! The trumpets blew drawing everyone's attention. Artemis and Nemesis both gave me a smile before the doors opened.

Whispers from all over as I walked passed them. I kept my head high, my eyes on the man with golden hair, green eyes and the cleanest beard I have ever seen. He was built like a god, how dumb was that? Raising the front of my gown, I ascended to stairs coming face to face with a literal sugar daddy. Lord have mercy.

~

~

Him

She looks stunning. I stood at the back of the crowd, looking at her take her oath. She was handed the wine, taking a sip. It felt like I was being connected to her, another goddess. Zeus guided her down the stairs where she stood with worried face. Was she looking for me? Murmurs started circulating once more.

"Of course he would do this to the woman."

"How humiliating is this?"

"He does not deserve her. Poor thing."

My feet started moving before my brain could process what I was doing. 

"He was present this entire time?"

"He was behind me."

The noise seemed to have faded as I looked into her brown, glassy eyes. "You came-" The music began playing as I placed my arms around her soft waist. We haven't been this close since she arrived. Her heartbeat pounded in her chest as we glided across the floor. Her tiny hands started sweating in my palms but I ignored it.

Dipping her, I realized that others joined the dance. She separated herself from me, walking over to Artemis and Nemesis. Good things aren't meant for me. She smiled at them before greeting some of the deities. I felt the glares on my back but ignored them, following behind her.

"You two must be finally getting along?" Mother Lakshmi spoke. She was the goddess of the eight sources of wealth in India. All she did was look at me for an answer. Slowly placing my arms around her soft waist, I stretched my face, showing some of my teeth. "We are not perfect but we do enjoy each other's company."

"How wonderful." She gracefully walked away. "You don't have to lie about it." She mumbled before Artemis pulled her away. "We will return shortly, don't miss her too much."

Soon after, she walked in and I felt my jaw drop.

I felt my beast claw to the surface but I held him back

I felt my beast claw to the surface but I held him back. He wanted to ravish her body until she couldn't take it anymore. "I'm guessing that you like it?" Nemesis questioned me. I refused to answer her ridiculous question but instead, I held her hand, kissing it gently.

"You look exquisite." She quietly accepted my compliment before Zephyr strolled along. If tonight wasn't about Zulu, I would have destroyed this place. The insubordinate excuse for a god, smiled at me, before kissing her hand. "Welcome! I wish you the best of luck." Her smile ever faded as he spoke.

"Thank you so much. Please enjoy the rest of the night. I have a bit of walking around to do." He bid his goodbyes before she looked at me. "What do you think you're doing? I told you that I'm not Alina-" 

It pained me that I couldn't be with Alina but I have accepted that she cannot return to me. I accepted it for a while now but ever since Zephyr mentioned her, I felt all the pain that I had all those years ago. Seeing her, I thought that I would have the chance I did not get with her.

Sadly, I was mistaken, she is nothing like Alina. I'm not the monster everyone makes me to be, I've just been betrayed in a way that changed me. Now, I'm hurting a woman that wanted nothing to do with me, still wants nothing to do with me. She was only doing an amazing deed for the greater good.

For the days that I have been apart from her, I tried to straighten myself and my thinking toward the situation. She has been through so much and I just laid another burden on her.

~

~

Zulu's Pov

"And you are correct, you are not Alina and I am in debt of an apology. With the acts that I have done, nothing can do justice but I would like to start somewhere. I deeply apologize for the way that I have been toward you. I have been nothing but a burden to you."

Was this really happening? Why the change of heart all of a sudden? He took my hands into his large ones before looking deep into my eyes. "I have so much to tell you, for the way that I have been acting but I do not think that this is the time or the place for such." 

Oh right, we're at the coronation.

"May I continue when we get to the castle? Nothing can justify my actions but you deserve some type of explanation." He's never spoken so softly to me before. 

Am I being a dummy if I say yes? 

I'm living with this man for the rest of eternity, something as to work out because we can't be at each other's throats every time we disagree. He probably took my silence for a no because he immediately removed his hands from mine, leaving this cold.

"I completely understand. You need more ti-"

"No! We will talk after, let's enjoy tonight." His mouth twitched slightly but he just want for a simple nod. "After you."