2

"One day, I'll ask for your hand." A deep voice hummed in her hair. "That's impossible, I'm mortal, I'll return to the earth while you'll never age or die." He played with her red hair in his fingers. "Little faith in me, I see. Of course I would make you immortal." His pink lips stretched into a smile before placing them on hers. 

"Would you become immortal for me?" His kisses got to her neck. 

With a breathy response, "yes."

"Would you rule by my side?" His lips reached the valley of her breasts, making her sweet time down.

"Ye-mhm." She didn't trust her voice at the moment. 

"Love me for eternity?" His handsome face sat between her slim legs, his black eyes bored into her green ones. 

"Ye-" His tongue plunged into he-

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

"Shut up!!" I turned over smacking the alarm off. This is the tenth one this month. Who were those people? "Zulu! You need to get your fat ass up, we have to be there by eight." My amazing husband, Roy Lewis, called out. "Sorry, I overslept." He simply rolled his eyes at me before slipping his shoes on.

I honestly don't know where we went wrong. We were fine until last year, he started being distant and cruel but my mother told me to suck it up because he's the best thing that could happen to me.

Getting ready as fast as I could, I fluffed my afro placing my heels on, following him out to the car. "Does this look alright?" I asked, trying to cover my weird birthmark. He had a event this evening with some of his colleagues and their wives are to attend as well. Roy looked me up and down, jumping into the car. "It's too late to change now, get in."

Tears were useless right about now. I know I'm on the bigger side but I wasn't always like this, the stress of marriage and work got to me and before I knew it, all my clothes were getting tight for me. I've tried numerous times to lose the weight but nothing seems to work.

The drive to the even was quiet until her spoke. "Stay away from the food, you can have at least one drink of champagne but that's it." Why am I staying? Was it worth being told you're too fat or too ugly? "I haven't eaten all day because you asked me to Roy, I can't drink on an empty stomach." He hummed. "That's even better, don't drink, ask for water instead."

"Why are you treating me like this? What did I do for you to hate me so much?" He didn't answer me, all he did was scoff. Did I deserve this?

He pulled into the lot before getting out. Opening my door, he hooked his arms around mine before heading inside. I knew it was for show but this was the closet I've been next to him and it made my heart speed up a little. "Roy! There you are and this must be the lovely wife." An old man walked up to us with a smile.

Roy grinned at him. "Sorry for being late, my wife needed her makeup to perfect." The old man laughed dramatically before placing his hand out to me. " Wonderful to meet you, my dear, I'm William Peterson, the CEO. Please, help yourself to anything and enjoy yourself." I felt Roy squeeze my side, telling me not to.

"Thank you so much but I ate a little too much on the way here." I rubbed my stomach, acting filled. "Water might be nice." He hummed before the most embarrassing thing happened.

Mt stomach roared with hunger, causing us to quiet down. "O-Oh my, are you sure you're not hungry, my dear? It sounds completely like you need some." I quickly shook my head. "Oh goodness no, water is all I want."

It took some convincing but he finally dropped the matter. "Very well then, I'll leave you two to mingle then. Good seeing you, Mrs. Lewis." William glided away but was left with eyes glaring at the side of my head. I didn't dear look up at him. He's probably so angry with me. "I'll go get that water." Slipping out his grip, I headed to the bar where I saw my sister, holding a drink.