19

Zulu's Pov

"This is quite lovely." Nemesis spoke, sitting at the kitchen isle. I glanced at Volkan who stood at the end of the stairs, talking to Zephyr. Must be serious. "Here she comes." Artemis sneered. I followed her eyes and it landed on Mari. 

I should feel some type of way toward her but I felt secured. For the first time in a very long time, I was certain that no matter how badly she tried, Volkan will always be mine. Even though we haven't labelled anything, I am sure of the way he feels for me. 

Yes I'm pissed for the way she manipulated him but I'm not bringing that shit up in front of her. Artemis was supposed to keep her mouth shut about the situation. I'm not trying to get her in trouble.

"Are you going to ask Volkan about the situation?" Nemesis asked. "I will but when we're in our room." I wanted to hear his side of the story. 

"Hello ladies." Nemesis and Artemis barely answered the woman. They are making it so obvious. "I see then. How about you, Zulu. How are you doing?" Her silver eyes bored right into mine but they felt so cold. 

"I'm fine, Mari." She nods, pointing to Volkan. "I was just about to go upstairs and settle in." I know she was pointing Volkan but I chose to go against it. "You should to, you don't want a room next to Eros, Aries or Hachiman, they snore."

"You should take the room next to Volkan, he doesn't snore."

There it is. She was showing her colours. 

Confidence surged through me as I straightened my shoulders. Her eyes matched mine, like she was daring me to say something. 

"Actually Mari, I wouldn't need the room next to Volkan." Her eyebrow raised. "And why don't you?"

"I'll be sleeping with him, you know, since he is mine." Her mouth folded and a sneer but said nothing. It felt slightly good having her shut up. "Why waste a room? You can have it if you want." 

Artemis covered her mouth, trying not to laugh but Nemesis roared with laughter, showing that she didn't care. I stood up from where I was and walked passed her. "Excuse us if we're a little loud tonight."

Mari's eyes were pink, her eyes glowed slightly, her fist bawled to her side but she kept her composure. "Do not worry, my dear Zulu, I will not be bothered." With that she sauntered away, leaving Nemesis in a fit of laughter. 

"I never knew you had that in you. I am very impressed." Artemis grinned.

With that, I made my way to Volkan who had his arms folded. "Our belongings are already in our room, would you like to go and freshen up before you eat?" He spoke gently. "Yeah, I would." His arms hooked around my waist, guiding me up the room.

"Something you will never have Mari." Nemesis said loudly.

~

I am so afraid right now. Volkan hasn't spoken a word since we entered the room. We ate in silence, he took his bath and came back in silence. We laid there on the bed together and no words were spoken. The sound of the harsh winds blowing and crackling of the fire filled the silence.

I faced his chest, afraid to look into his eyes, watching it rise and fall. His arms wrapped around my waist. 

"Are you not going to ask me or are you going to stay in silence?" 

His voice deep and husky. I felt my heart rate speed up, my lips became dry.

"Talk about what?" I asked stupidly. 

"Mari deceiving me and what you told Mari down those stairs." The amusement in his voice wasn't missed. "Were you going to tell me about it?" His fingers circled my hips. "I wanted to forget about the situation honestly."

"But she used your hopes and dreams to -" I felt his chest rumble making me shut up. His body tensed before he sat up on the bed, his back facing me. "I apologize, I did not mean to frighten you."

"I have been trying to forget it for so long and to bring it back up- I hate that woman with everything in me for what she did bu- but I cannot do anything about it now." His voice sounded strained. I can tell that this affected him incredibly.

"I won't bring it up anymore. I'm sorry if I forc-" He cut me off. "She had this obsession with me, no matter how much I tried getting rid of her. Yes, we did sleep together several times but we both agreed that nothing more was to happen. She was not pleased with that arrangement, so she- she used Alina against me."

"If Zeus and Zephyr did not walk in, it would have been a completely different situation. She was punished for her wrong doings, moving on with her life. I have not spoken to her since." 

What if she had something to do with Alina's death? What if she wanted to get rid of her to have Volkan all for herself?

This bitch was scary.

"It is not matter. I am doing so much better and she does not bother me in the slightest." His voice was lighter as he turned to me with a small smile. "I believe you have something to do with it." I thank God every day for my dark skin because this man had me blushing.

"Now, about what you told Mari downstairs."

I immediately stopped smiling. I knew he heard that situation. He was just playing dumb.

"No, I think that was enough for tonight." I tried covering my head with the wool blanket but he stopped me, grabbing me by my waist, plopping me on his giant legs. Amusement written all over his face.

"Why would we be loud? Was there something else you had in mind?" His chest rumbled with a growl as he brought his head to my neck, nibbling my skin ever so gently. "Don't do anything you're not about to finish." He chuckled at my words.

"You are correct." He pulled away looking at me. "Why are you looking at me like that?" He needs to stop doing that.

"You are just so beautiful and all mine."

I may like him but I wanted him to ask me. I know it may sound stupid but I just want to hear him say it. "All yours? Since when? Did you ask me to be yours?"

He stopped, thinking about it. "No, I have not."

"So what makes you think that I'm yours? We may have something going on between us but until I don't hear those words come out your mouth then I belong to no one."

Silence.

"You are correct, once again."

He held my hands to his chest, kissing my chubby fingers. Volkan looked into my eyes with the most seriousness and asked. 

"Would you do me the honor of being my one and only?" His dark eyes held a light that I couldn't stop looking at. 

"I'll think about it- AH!"

Volkan growled teasingly, tackling me to the floor, causing me to burst out laughing. "How dare you play with my emotions like that?" He bit my neck and chin playfully, tickling my sides. My laughter grew louder until there was a harsh knock on the door.

"I truly love you, Zulu but please shut up! I am trying to sleep." Nemesis yelled with a bunch of agreements from the others. With that, she stomped back to her room.

Yet he wouldn't let me get up. "Come on! Let's go sleep." Volakn's lips met the side of my mouth. "You did not answer my question." Heat radiated off his body.

"Yes Volkan, I'll be yours." He sealed my answer with the sweetest kiss. "Now we can sleep."