38

Zulu's Pov

I looked into his eyes as he smiled down at me.  Everyone was gathered as the ceremony was in full swing.

"I again pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss your bride." Bethany grinned as she kissed her husband at the alter. Servants and gods clapped, congratulating the happy couple as they walked down the isle. "That was so sweet of you to do, Zulu. Look how happy she looks."

Artemis smiled at me as the reception started. We had everything at the castle, in the grounds. "It's the least I could do." I looked at them dance away to the music as their triplets cheered them on.

"This will be us very soon." I looked up at my fiancé who held a very mischievous smile. "Yes it will be." He pecked my lips over and over until someone cleared their throat, making us pull away. Silas stood before us with a smile so bright that it made me smile. 

"No amount of thanks can show how grateful I am. You made my wife's wedding come true, I have never seen her smile that brightly before, well after the triplets were born."

"It's no problem, please enjoy your wedding."

"Also, thank you for releasing Bethany and giving us the shop." I shook my head again. "It's nothing! Please don't thank us." Silas smiled at us once more before leaving. "I want ours to be something like this but a little different, what about you?"

Silence.

I looked at him and his eyes were strained to the corner of the room where Zephyr stood. Apparently he took Volkan's place and that's why he was home early. I never had the chance to thank him for what he did because he closed himself off a while after.

Gartha tried all she could to have him talk to us but he wouldn't come out. "Baby." I touched his cheek gently, snapping his attention to me. "Sorry, my love. What were you saying?" He was looking at me but he was somewhere else, deep in thought.

"Go talk to him, he finally came out in the open after two weeks. Maybe he wants to talk to you." He bit his bottom lip, his eyes glancing at his father once more. "I will, when everything dies down." He pecked my lips once more.

Turning to his father, he stepped toward us. "I don't think he has the same plan." I moved away from them as Zephyr greeted us. The light in his eyes seemed dim but not gone. "How are you, Zulu? This is a wonderful wedding."

"Thank you and I'm doing well." I looked between the two of them who looked quite tense. "Well, I will leave you two men to talk over whatever you need to." Volkan glanced at me as I turned and walked away.

~

Volkan's Pov

We stood outside, away from everyone, just standing there. "Nothing I say will make my actions forgivable but I am hoping that they are seen and acknowledged." He looked at me with grief in his eyes.

"You speak like you were the one that murdered millions."

"I speak like a father that abandoned his child."

He looked at me, inhaling deeply. "You hated yourself, you hated everyone around you and what did I do to make it better? Blame and patronize you. We both agreed that there are somethings that you did that were wrong but-"

"Zephyr, I am finally happy, I met the woman I am to love for eternity, no one fears me as much as they did, gods and goddesses acknowledge me as one of their own. The day you took my place in that volcano, I forgave you."

He looked at me, tears glistened in his eyes but they did not fall. We never knew how to show emotions toward each other but I knew that this one act was his way of asking for forgiveness. "Now please, forgive me for all the troubles that I have caused. I know that it was not easy for you either."

He nods his head with a small smile. "Forgiven."

"Just embrace each other already!!" We turned our heads to see Elder Gartha smiling at us. Zephyr pulled me into his arms, patting my back. It took me a while but I accepted it. "This is just precious!"

We broke away and his arms hung around his hips. "We will be retiring early but this was absolutely lovely." Gartha spoke with a smile. "I am glad that you enjoyed it, now if you will excuse me." I headed back inside to find Zulu dancing away with her friends.

Thinking back on our earlier days, I hate myself for treating her the way I did. She was innocent, taken from her world and brought to me like she was nothing. 

Now I cannot get enough of her. Her smile, her lips, her body, her laugh, her sassiness, her determination, her scent. It drives me wild. 

"She is slightly intoxicated." Nemesis giggled to me, drooping in Aries' arms as she tried taking her out. "I told you that you cannot win Dionysus in a drinking competition, all you had to do was listen."

I chuckled at them, walking toward Zulu. She immediately spotted me, running into my arms. "You know what I want right now?" She asked seductively, kissing my throat. My beast almost growled out at the slight display of affection but I held it in.

"What is it that you want, darling?"

"I want popcorn so buttered that I need a gallon of water. I wanna watch a movie too."

I huffed but smiled at the innocent look on her face. "Coca Cola or maybe Sprite...definitely Sprite."

"Does it taste that amazing?"

She looked at me like with so much shock written on her face. "Of course it does! We have to go someday!"

She hiccupped before passing out on my chest.

"Alright, my love. We will go someday." Picking her up on my arms, I took her inside for the night.