18

Volkan's Pov

"I am giving your powers back to you but you have to promise me that you will not use them around anyone while we at their realm." Zephyr mumbled to me, looking straight ahead. "Aries sensed night crawlers along with shadow demons near the portal."

"There is another entrance to the portal but was destroyed but is noticeable. Kill the creatures before we reach them. Make it as quick as possible and rejoin us."

A dark cloud loomed over the mountain as he drew closer. Screeches of creatures echoed in the air. "I am not a child, I know what I have to do." Zephyr glanced at me for a split second before handing me a vile filled with a black liquid. 

If anything were to happen, Zulu comes first. 

I drank the liquid, feeling it spread through my body, my veins. My body jerked forward feeling my monster resurface. He was not happy about the little rest he had. Falling to the back of the trail, I was met with Zulu who looked deep in thought. This woman was absolutely gorgeous.

"What does that beautiful mind wonder about?" She glanced at me with a small pout. "This mountain looks mad sketchy. You sure that the portal can't meet us down here?" A small smile appeared on my face. "Do not worry, I will protect you." A bared my fangs and her eyes widened but she smiled.

Zulu placed her finger on her lips. Getting closer to her, I mount the back of her stag, hugging her from behind. She smelt divine. Her body leaned into mine as she whispered.

"What are you doing? Someone might look back." I gently placed a soft kiss on her ear. "I will be back very soon, I have to do something quickly. Hold on to my stag for me." I could tell that she wanted to ask me but she chose to go against it. "Just hurry up and don't get hur- oh, you can't." For short second she frowned.

"Still, be careful." 

~

Third Person's Pov

Volkan dashed to the old, destroyed entrance, he pulled his clothes off, shifting into his monster. He clawed the dirt under his claws, his scent heightens, so does his vision and hearing. He heard every creature crawling through the caves.

With a swift movement, his claws crushed the stones under them, climbing to the top. He glanced at the bottom of the mountain seeing that they were already half way up. A choking sound echoed the opening as he was faced with his first horror. Its eyes were running back blood, hairless pink thing on all fours, clawing the walls.

It immediately stopped, looking right at him. It gave a loud bellow, announcing that he was there. Volkan ripped the head off the monster but it was too late, they all came to him, clawing his fur.

One of them bit his shoulder, tearing through his flesh and one bit a chunk out of his leg. He hissed but grabbed him by the back, pulling him away from his leg, ripping his jaw wide open. A sickening crack echoed as they continued to attack him.

His monster rawed with fury. He bit the head of the creatures, ripping through their skin. Bodies piled high but he felt his blood thirst grow stronger. He ventured the mountains but found no more. No scents but Zephyr and the others.

Kill

He was going to kill them all. His beast was in full control, rage filled him, thinking about how they put him to sleep. Someone had to pay. He inched closer toward the sound, being as stealthy as he could.

"Why isn't he back?"

Zulu.

His beast immediately stopped his rampage, stepping further into the darkness, sensing their presence getting closer. Volkan ran out the exit, sliding down the sharp stones. His beast took his clothes into his mouth, dashing up the mountain, trying not to spook the stags.

Zulu looked back, spotting Volkan in his beast form, when he realized that she had spotted him, he tried hiding from her gaze. She found it slightly cute. 

Soon after, he had rejoined her, breathing a sigh of relief. "Did you take care of it?" She asked him quietly. All he did was nod at her.

Aries, Eros and Hachiman hopped off their stags, ready to attack anything that came there way but there was nothing left. "I sensed them here -" Bats flew over their heads causing Eros to kill one of them.

"My hero." Nemesis feigned admiration. "You killed an entire bat just for me. Heavens knew that I would not have made it." Artemis, Mira and Zulu giggled. Eros sneered at her but said nothing.

"They must have scurried off, do not fret about it." Zephyr spoke, riding further up.

~

~

Third Person's Pov

"I am truly tired of seeing your face." The witch huffed, sitting in her chair. "We should attack them now, when they are weak and few." The deity spoke, excited to kill Volkan once and for all. "That would have been a great plan two minutes go." The witch picked at her fingers, not entertained with the conversation. "What? What do you speak of, witch?"

"Volkan and the others have crossed the portal." 

"So we attack them where they are now."

"Though I am wicked, even witches have restrictions. I can no longer touch him since he is out of my restrictions." The deity was enraged. "This would have been valuable information quiet some time ago. I would have called the attack when they were here!"

"Then why didn't you?"

"Your stupidity makes my urge to kill you most irresistible." 

~

"Welcome to Qudlivun, lord Zephyr." A green and purple bald, man with big, fish like eyes spoke. His face serious. "Thank for having us pass through your home, Absko. I am grateful."

Everyone ran to the homes, peaking at Volkan as he entered. The man that made them extinct. Whispers echoed around them in their language. "As promised, he will not harm anyone as he is powerless." Zephyr lied through his teeth.

"I trust your word, lord Zephyr." He gestured them to follow him through the village. Zulu watched the young ones play in the trees, diving into the waters as their parents looked at them. 

"It is not much but I hope they will suffice until you are ready to continue your journey. There are rooms for all of you and enough meals as well. Please enjoy your stay." Some of his men came to take their stags. "They will have somewhere to rest and they will be fed."

"They're so kind. Why would Volkan kill them?" Artemis mumbled to Nemesis who frowned as well. "I have no answer to that."

Yet he still felt no remorse, no guilt for what he did.

"Also, tonight's temperature will be extremely cold. One every three months,  the brumal appears and stays for at least two days. Everything will be frozen over due to it. Temperatures will be back to normal soon after. I suggest you not to leave your residence."

"We will rest here for at least two days and then our journey continues."

"These two days are going to be chaotic." Artemis spoke softly as they entered the house.