15

"Absolutely not!" Volkan marched into his room with Zulu hot on his tail. "You have been saying that for three minutes now but you're not telling me why." Her hands placed on her wide hips, watching his back. 

"You will not come with me. It could be very dangerous. Creatures of the night, shadow walkers, night crawlers." He numbered them out for her but she was stuck on going with him. "You really aren't changing my mind."

His shoulders slumped before turning to her. "I should have never told you."

"I think I would have noticed if you had been missing. Plus Artemis would have told me." It had been three days since that conversation and her persistence didn't waver. "What will it take for you to drop this?"

"Take me on the trip and I will stop, I promise."

His powers would be sedated and it worries him because if something were to happen, he can't protect her. He looked at the beautiful woman in front of him. The innocence in this woman made him feel the need to protect her.

"I do not think that it is possible." A pout formed on her plump lips. "You're not telling me why!" Volkan began to feel frustration. "Is it really necessary for you to accompany me? I will be back before you know i-" His sentence was cut off by her marching out the room.

"This woman is so dramatic." He followed behind her like a stray dog. Her round ass bounced as her chubby feet stomped the floor. "I'm going to ask Zephyr why you don't want me to go because you obviously won't tell me."

A growl echoed the halls but she didn't stop. "I do not want you to come on this journey with me because-"

"Because I won't have my powers." She stopped in her tracks.

"What?" She asked. 

"As you know, I have taken many lives and in order to find who we are looking for, we have to pass through realms of the survivors."

"So he's taking your powers to show that you are no harm and you're just passing through." He nods at her assumption. He purposely left out the part about protecting her. "I can take care of myself if that's what you're worried about."

She may be fragile at times but she wasn't weak. "I am grateful that you want to take care of me but I'm a big girl. Literally." She snorted a laugh but Volkan wasn't very amused. "How many times have I told you to stop making those horrible jokes about yourself."

"They are not funny." His frowned deep, causing lines in the corner of his mouth. "Stop being grumpy about a silly joke." He hated the way she looked at herself. "You are beautiful, stop it."

"Thank you." She walked walked passed him. "Where are you going this time?" She looked at him over shoulder. "I'm going to pack for the trip." He inwardly groaned at her. She was impossible sometimes.

Meanwhile, Bethany showed her the clothes that they travelled with and they weren't the dresses that she thought. "These are what they wear to go on trips? It looks slightly sexual if you ask me." Her ass was all out there and don't get started on her breasts. Her stomach poked the leather but she chose to ignore it.

"Do you feel uncomfortable? We can have something else made." There was a coat attached to it incase it started getting cold. "No, no, don't go through that. I'll wear them." At least the boots were comfortable. "It is not suppose to look sexual but it does not hurt to look at."

Volkan stood at the entrance looking at her. She felt her body heat up slightly. "Does it look bad?" She asked him. Zulu didn't feel confident, goddess or not, she was the skinniest woman here. "You look exquisite, darling." Piece of his hair fell in front his face.

Bethany exited the room. Zulu unzipped her boots, tossing them to the side. She was about to take off the rest of her clothes but her eyes landed on his very amused eyes. "Can you turn around?"

He soon was in front of her. "I do not think that I should." Words left her brain, she couldn't talk, she couldn't think. His large hands skimmed the material, undressing her slowly, his eyes never leaving hers. "You can stop me anytime you are not comfortable."

Was she going to stop him?

Hell no.

She stood in her underwear in front of the god. His warm hands hugged her hips grabbing the dress that was laid out for her. It felt like hours when it was only a couple seconds. Volkan helped her put the dress on, not once looking at her body.

"Perfect. As always." Her breathing deepened before breaking eye contact. "Thank you." The tips of her fingers burnt with the small kisses he planted on them. She wanted to kiss him all the way down to his -

"A knock echoed causing Volkan to growl in annoyance. "Sire, I have a note from lord Zephyr." That name became a bitter taste in Zulu's mouth. He still refused to enter the castle because she didn't want to apologize to him for being a dick.

Volkan opened the door, taking the letter from her hand. "What does he want?" She excused herself as Volkan opened the letter. "We leave tomorrow. He has been given permission." Volkan's powers would be gone for the entire trip.

He felt something that he never felt in years.

Fear.

~

"I do not want her to be hurt on this journey." The deity spoke to the witch who was slightly tired of speaking. "How many times must we go through this? The creatures were possessed to kill Volkan as he will be powerless as you said. The man will become mortal. The only way that your lover would be hurt is if she tried saving him."

"Just try getting her out of the way before any harm is done to her." The deity still wasn't sure about this. "If the attempts have failed then the war will happen. Either way, if you do fail, I will still have to as a slave."

"I will not fail, you will have him." The witch grinned. "I would like to see actions than hear your words."