32

Third Person's Pov

"You look beautiful, darling." He spoke lowly, looking at her with tired eyes. She looked at him with a small smile as he pecked her lips. The maid placed her earrings in as the other fixed her matching head wrap. She was absolutely nervous. When Volkan held her hand, they headed toward the portal.

"Let's get this over with."

Every god and goddess took their seats around the arena. Zephyr looked at Volkan and Zulu as they entered. Nemesis and Artemis looked at their friend as she took her seat at the left had of Poseidon and Hades while Volkan sat next to Zephyr. 

The place was dead silent until Zeus stood to his feet, stretching his hand out, the floor opened up as Demetria appeared, looking beaten and dirty, her body wrapped in a lightening bolt making it hard for her to move.

She dropped on the floor, scampering around the floor, trying to escape. Mumbles rang through the air as they took in her appearance. Zulu grimace at the sight of her, turning away from her. Memories flooded back at the very sight of that woman.

"How dare you treat me like nothing?!" She screamed at the top of her lungs, spinning around the arena. "I am a fucking goddess!!! I deserve respect!!" She spat on the floor, panting heavily. Her eyes met Volkan's who didn't dare look away.

Her eyes went wild at the sight of him. "Why is this cunt still ALIVE?!" Demetria roared, her eyes scanning the crowd for Zulu. "Where is that disgusting bitch?!" Volkan growled warningly at her words.

Mumbles grew even louder until Zeus raised his hand. "That is enough." His eyes met Demetria's making her stopped in her tracks. "Demetria you are here for a war, the use of black magic and deaths of many faithful mortals and gods. You have betrayed your oath and will be punished for your doings.

Demetria laughed, falling to the floor, rolling in the dirt. "Wrong doings? Volkan has killed more than any of us could combined and you look at me? If you want to be fair, judge the abomination itself."

Zulu held her breath because she was correct. He was never punished for this crimes.

"What I did, I did for love. Alina was the love of my life and it was too unbearable to live without her. So if he had to have her then she had to die but then I realized that he was the reason she died-" Tears ran down her face as she spoke.

"So I had to take his own as well." Her neck twitched as she glanced at Zulu who gripped the end of her dress. "I just wanted to see her beautiful green eyes again. "I did nothing wrong! I am the only innocent one!"

Elder Gartha sat on the sidelines watching the crazed woman babble on and on about her scheme.

"So you have no guilt on the wrong doings that you have committed?" Hades questioned the woman who smiled at him. 

"No, I do not regret trying to be happy once more." The gods in the arena pitied the woman but felt no sorrow for her. "Very well. You are hereby sentenced to an eternal death, where your deaths will be as painful as the first. You are hereby stripped the title that you have and will be given to another."

Demetria's heart almost burst out her chest as she crumpled to the floor screaming, kicking and crying. "It's not fair, it's not fair, it's not fair." Zulu wiped the lone tear that fell from her face at the scene. "Your soul will never be reincarnated and you are to receive three hundred lashes before your death sentence."

Zulu breathed a breath of relief as his words were finalized. Zeus, Poseidon, Hades and Zephyr stood to their feet as their eyes glowed. Demetria's eyes rolled to the back of her head as if something was being sucked out of her. 

She dropped to the floor as the earth swallowed her back up. "Her sentence will start tonight at Mt. Olympus." Zeus spoke. 'Was it finally over?' Zulu asked herself. 

"Volkan, please enter the arena." Zeus spoke, looking away. Zephyr stood up, shaking his head. "No-" He was cut short by Hades. "Sadly, he must pay for his crimes, even if he is forgiven." They were going to judge Volkan. 

Words couldn't leave her mouth as he stood from his chair. "Why do I feel so glum? I have been wanting nothing but negative things to happen to him-" Hachiman said in his chair, looking at his hands. Volkan glanced at Zulu who had started crying by this time but he had to stay strong and own up to his wrongs.

"We have been through this before so we will now judge you." Poseidon spoke. Volkan simply nodded, avoiding the gaze of his love. "For lives of many you will receive one thousand lashes without your powers."

Zulu held the sob that almost escaped her mouth as she listened. If she knew this would happen then she wouldn't have come, she would have stayed home with him and cuddle of the bed.

"You will then be buried in the underworld's volcano." Volkan inhaled deeply making her know that this was bad. Whispers grew loud at the punishment. "You will be buried there for exactly three weeks. Your punishment will begin right after Demetria's so I bid you good luck."

Zephyr couldn't believe this was happening. Volkan leaves the arena with Zulu hot on his trail. 

"Volkan, wai-" She crashed into his back as he stood still. "Are you really going to do this?" She asked, sniffing softly. "I have no choice, darling. It may start another war that I am not willing to take." He turned to her, tears in his eyes. 

"I am deeply sorry for the pain that I have caused you. Nothing I do will ever make up for it but I will try and try until it does." He held her chubby hands, kissing them. "I will survive this because I have someone to come back to."

Zephyr looked at them from the distance as Gartha held his arm. "He will be just fine, he fought so many battles in his life, what is one more?" She rubbed his chest as he leaned into her without a word.

"I'll miss you too much." Zulu hiccupped as he brought her into his chest. "I will miss you too." A lone tear slipped down his face.