14

"Why should we suffer for his crimes? Why should we all place our lives on the line for a monster that cares nothing about us?" Saman cried out. "I agree. He has done nothing for us, nothing positive that is. So many lives right in our realm were taken by this merciless god. We owe him nothing." Ashtar spoke as calmly has he could.

Volkan watched from the shadows, listening to what the deities said about him. He hid during the meeting because he knew that no one would show up if they knew he was coming.

"I understand what you are saying but, if we do not fight, thousands of innocent lives will be taken once more. This war is not just us. This war will be the entire galaxy. Earth as well." Zephyr tried reasoning with them. Silence rang through the air. 

No one knew what to say. Humans were one of the many reasons that they existed. "This is his fault. Now we may lose our lives so they won't have to." Shiva mumbled, shaking his head. "What is the plan?" 

Plan? That was something that Zephyr doesn't have. "Once I know that my plan is full proof, I will gather you once more but today, I just wanted you to be alert." Demetria frowned next to Zephyr. "Very well then." She rose from her seat, still upset about the way he treated her at the gala.

Zephyr didn't even try to apologize, he had bigger things to concern himself with. Volakn came into the light as the room cleared. What could he do? Who could he talk to? There has to be someone with a solution in this galaxy.

Then it hit him. "We have to see Elder Gartha. She should know what to do." Volkan frowned. "She is impossible to reach, her fortress is four hundred realms away. We would need permission to enter those realms-"

Zephyr sneered. "Since when does the great Volkan need permissio-" His growled was loud and dominant. "I do not need this! You want to do this the right way?! Then get the permission! I am in no mood to deal with your smart remarks."

"I will, just be ready to become powerless." His mouth tensed at that sentence.

"You truly believed that anyone would let you through willingly? Something has to be taken in order for something to be gained on our trip. In order to get them to trust me, I need to abate your powers."

"You truly believe that she can help?"

"She is our only hope."

"Fine, you will sedate my powers." He had no choice.

~

~
Zulu's Pov

Nemesis giggled loudly along with Artemis. "With the sexual tension between the both of you, I'm surprised poor Bethany did not walk in with you on your knees." Bethany grimaced shaking her head of the image. 

"Why would you even think that?" Nemesis gasped. "It's more likely on her hands and knees." The two cackled even louder. "I called you guys here to make me feel better about this situation not worse."

Nemesis plopped a grape in her mouth. "Make you feel better about what? Instinct? Sexual desire? You have been cooped up in a castle with a man that looks like that. What did you truly expect?"

Maybe she was right. "Imagine! Not having intercourse for as long as he did. Then viola, a sexy, beautiful, charming, daring woman shows up." They were too much sometimes. "You know what the earthlings say." Nemesis smiled devilishly. 

"The darker the berry, the sweeter the juice." 

"Nemesis!!" They roared with laughter but I didn't find it very funny. "If I had a god as dedicated as he was to one woman, I would be with child." I rolled my eyes. "You have to be honest with us, beside, I know when you are lying." Nemesis said. What does she possibly want to know now?

She dismissed the maids before dramatically leaned in and so did Artemis. "Did you masturbate when he left?" 

Artemis gasped. "Did you?"

I mean, who would they tell? Everything stays amongst ourselves. "I wanted to but it was pointless because it wasn't his d-" Artemis slapped my knee. "Hello, lord Volkan, we did not see you over there." My heart stopped for a second. He was behind me this entire time?

"I noticed, busy gossiping." His voice was low and raspy. I could feel my lower region tighten. "How was the meeting? Was anything resolved?" Good, distract him with another subject. "Nothing is set in stone but the hard part of this mission is over."

His footsteps grew closer but I didn't dare turn around. "Forgive us, lord Volkan but we must leave, our temples need us." Those lying bitches. We went to our temples early today to answer prayers. "We shall visit soon, Zulu, goodbye." Nemesis grinned down at me while Artemis winked.

As soon as they departed, large hands pressed on my shoulders before kissing my neck. 

I wanted to ride this man's face right now.

"You look beautiful." Words couldn't leave my mouth. "Zulu, darling?" You can't do that Zulu, that would be rape if you tackled him right now and fucked him.

"Thank you Volkan." When I finally looked at him, I frowned. "You look exhausted. You want to tell me what happened today?" He inhaled deeply before looking down at me. "Nothing to worry yourself about. I'm trying my absolute best."

"We're friends, Volkan and friends help each other in any way that they can. Now sit and tell me." Bethany came back with some snacks and drinks before dismissing herself once more. "Zephyr finally got the deities to join him for the war."

"Isn't that a good thing. The more strength the better, right?" He frowned at me. "Every deity has to go to war and to be very frank with you, Zulu. I am not prepared if anything happens to you." So that's what's bothering him. "Stop worrying about things that haven't happened and won't happen."

"How are you so confident that nothing is to happen to you?"

Do I know that? No but if I keep thinking that death is in my future then what's the point of living now? "I just do. Please stop thinking that way and let's think about something else."

"I will be going on a trip soon, we found someone that can help us but she is not in our realm."

"Oh, how long do you think you will be gone?" It was silent at first but then he spoke. "Two months to be exact."