Warmer than jail

Before we get any further claws grip into one of my legs and I'm thrown to the ground. By the time I look up, Bucky has hit the ground too and a figure in all black stands opposite of us.

I look down and hiss at the pain, my leg is bleeding where I was grabbed, clawed by the figure in black. He lunges forward and it starts a brawl. I'm able to shield Bucky from some of the attacks, but he's fast. A helicopter shooting at us provides enough of a distraction for us to get away but he chases after. I fly low covering Bucky from any gunfire that rains down from helicopters.

Bucky drops down into tunnels and the chase continues where I can't follow. I fly as fast as I can and catch a glimpse of Bucky stealing a motorcycle but it's still too low for me to follow in. When Bucky crashes the motorcycle in a small clearing I'm able to fly down but we are quickly surrounded. Rhodey even touches down in his suit.

Fuck.

We all have to surrender and are cuffed. The black figure takes off his mask and it turns out to be the Wakandan prince.

Berlin is not pleasant. I was not allowed to ride in the same van as Bucky, much to my annoyance.

The other three talk in this van, but I say nothing. Not until T'Challa makes a threat asking how long we could keep Bucky safe from him.

"I did it for many years before you, and will do it for many years after you." I say staring fiercely at him before returning to staring out the window.

When we get out of the van we can see Bucky in a containment unit. Locking eyes I give him a sad stare and he returns the look.

"What's going to happen to him?" Steve asks walking up to some agents.

"Same thing that ought to happen to you." The male in the grey suit speaks. "Psychological evaluation and extradition."

The blonde speaks up, "This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander."

"What about a lawyer?" Steve asks.

"Lawyer. That's funny. See their weapons are placed in lockup. We'll write you a receipt." Deputy Ross says.

"I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that." Sam says.

Ha. The irony. I am a walking arsenal and none of them can take any weapons away from me because they are literally inside of me. But I've only ever pulled out a sword, so as far as they know, that's all I have.

We are led forward and I look over my shoulder to look one more time at Bucky.

"He didn't do this." I say to Deputy Ross.

He ignores me and continues, "You'll be provided with an office instead of cell. Now, do me a favor, stay in it?"

T'Challa speaks up first, "I don't intend on going anywhere."

Natasha joins our group and gives us pointed stares, "For the record, this is what making things worse looks like."

"He's alive." Steve says.

We walk into an office and see Tony talking on a phone. "No. Romania was not Accords-sanctioned. Colonel Rhodes is supervising cleanup."

"Try not to break anything while we fix this." Natasha walks off.

Tony lays eyes on all of us. "Consequences? You bet there'll be consequences. Obviously you can quote me on that because I just said it. Anything else? Thank you, sir." He hangs up and walks towards us.

I don't manage to stand quite as tall as the other two do, and shift my feet where I stand.

"Consequences?" Steve asks.

"Secretary Ross wants you three prosecuted. Had to give him something."

"I'm not getting that shield back, am I?" Steve asks.

Natasha cuts in, "Technically, it's the governments property. Wings too."

"That's cold." Sam says.

"Warmer than jail." Tony pipes up.

I sigh and go to sit at the table, resting my head on my arms.