My people, our people

"Well, I feel better." Sam says as we walk out of the precinct.

"I feel awful." Bucky says to which I nod in agreement.

A siren whoops and we turn to see John and Lemar.

"Gentlemen, and Lady." Walker calls out to us and we start to walk over. "Good to see you again. Look, if we divide ourselves, we don't stand a chance you guys know that."

Sam rolls his eyes, "So what have you got?"

"Well the leader's name is Karli Morgenthau. We've been targeting civilians who've been helping Karli move from place to place." Walker tells us, proud of himself. Like a retriever that has fetched a stick. If he wasn't such an asshole it might be cute.

"They geotagged a location, then scrambled the signal. But our satellites have found their symbol popping up in various displaced communities all across Central and Eastern Europe." Lemar is careful not to say refugee this time and I silently applaud him for that.

"We think she's taking the medicine she just stole to one of these camps." Walker continues.

"Well, there are hundreds of those all over the planet since the blip. So I guess you'll have to look real hard." Bucky tells him.

"Good thing I have 20/20 vision, huh?" Walker retorts.

Bucky raises his voice annoyed, "Where is she now Walker? Do you know?"

Walkers voice rises too, "No, we don't know, Bucky. It's only a matter of time before we find out."

Bucky keeps the sarcastic tone, "Things are really intense for you aren't they, Walker?"

"Bucky." I whisper, placing a hand on his shoulder.

Sam steps in too, "Take it easy. Look, walker's right. It is imperative that we find them and stop them. But you guys have rules or engagement and all kinds of authorizations you have have to get. We're free agents. We're more flexible. So it wouldn't make sense for us to work with you." Sam makes valid points, if time is of the essence we can't wait for protocol and procedure, this was the same issue the Sokovia accords presented. We all start to walk away.

"A word of advice then." Walker calls out and we turn around. "Stay the hell out of my way."

I shake my head, he's not going to learn is he.

"So what're you thinking?" Sam asks.

"Well I know what we have to do. Well Isaiah said my people" Bucky says.

"Oh don't take that to heart." Sam comforts. "Thats not what he meant."

"No. He meant Hydra." Bucky points out. "Hydra used to be my people, our people" Bucky glances at me.

Sam sighs, "No. Not a chance."

"In case you forgot, I went and killed a bunch of them. They may not be too happy to see me." I add.

"Walker doesn't have any leads." Bucky continues.

"I know where you're going with this and no." Sam interjects.

"He knows all of Hydra's secrets, don't you remember Siberia." Bucky says.

I really don't want to see Zemo.

"So you're just going to sit in a room with this guy?" Sam asks.

"Y-yes." Bucky responds.

Sam sighs, "Okay then. We're gonna go see Zemo."

Well fuck, today has just been a great day hasn't it. A lovely day seeing all the people I want to see.