How did it start again?

There is no knock from Shuri today, no one disturbs us and we are left on our own. We shift from talking about missions, to each of our own pasts, to what we have been doing since we got free of Hydra. Both of us cry at one point or another.

At some point we had gotten into some wine that I had stashed away in the room.

"Did you really use to stand watch while I was in cryostasis?" Bucky asks.

I nod pouring myself another glass. "All the time. You were the only light I had there. And what moments we could steal for ourselves were good, that kept me going. At first they tried to put a stop to it, but after I killed a lot of guards and continued to break out of my cell they just left me there with you. It was easier for them to watch one room over two rooms anyways."

"Those moments were good, weren't they." Bucky smiles softly.

"You used to rub my back right in between my wings and it would put me to sleep on the plane rides." I add smiling.

"And you would use your wings as a blanket for us both during the cold missions. They did a pretty good job."

"Yeah. I never have to worry about going cold with these." I pause to take a sip, "How did we go down that path? Hydra was so horrible to us but we still managed to find something they couldn't take away from us."

"In my defense. You kissed me first." Bucky says.

"Alright, you have me there I did. How did that go again?" I tease. "We were somewhere outside of Moscow. Grounded for a night because of the snowstorm."

Bucky swallows, "I was freezing, so you wrapped your wings around us but that wasn't enough to stay warm."

"No. So I changed positions instead of being off to your side I sat on your lap facing you. I was able to get my wings to cover us more then. At some point I had my arms wrapped around your neck and was using you as a pillow." I set my glass on the ground and crawl over to him on the bed sitting in the same position I described and wrapping my wings around us, making a sort of tent.

"I put my hands on your waist, and you looked up at me when I did." Bucky says quietly now that we are so close.

I laugh a little. "Your metal one was freezing I could feel it through my clothes, it gave me a bit of a shock. You had kissed the top of my head before, so why not try and get an actual kiss now that it was just the two of us." I follow through gently kissing him. I can feel him kiss back before we both pull away.

"That first time I didn't kiss back immediately. When I didn't respond, you went to lay your head back down but I stopped you. I put a hand on your cheek and kissed you again." Bucky leans in and kisses me again. "I should have kissed back immediately. You'll have to forgive me for that birdy." He says in between smaller kisses.

Some of them are gentle and sweet and others are far needier and deep. We have all the time in the world now to make up for the time we lost back then.