Zemo

Guilt flashes on Tony's face. "You know, I lied. I was bringing you in to Ross. Keep flying towards wherever you need to go, don't stop. I have to make a stop first and they would take you into custody." Tony says.

I nod as fear flashes on my face and I hop out of the helicopter, continuing to fly forward on through the storm. I have to get to Bucky.

By the time I land. I'm soaked from wind and snow. The bunker is open and I creep through the dark building and I pull out a shorter sword, there is no telling what I'll find.

I gasp and spin around when I feel a hand on my shoulder. "Feathers, it's just me!" Stark says.

I let out a breath I had been holding. "Did you come as a friend or?"

"A friend. I promise." Tony says and I lower my sword.

We take the elevator down and pry open the doors to see Bucky and Steve on the other side. Tony exits first.

"You seem a little defensive." Tony says, his mask retracting.

"It's been a long day." Steve retorts.

"At ease, Soldier. I'm not currently after you." He turns to me and laughs, "She is, but not to take you in."

"Then why are you here?" Steve asks.

"Could be your story's bit so crazy. Ross has no idea I'm here. I'd like to keep it that way." Tony says. "Otherwise I gotta arrest myself."

"Well, that sounds like a lot of paperwork." Steve says and Tony scoffs, "it's good to see you tony, you too Magdalene."

"You too cap. Hey, Manchurian Canditate, you're killing me. There's a truce here. You can drop.."

Steve waves his hand and Bucky lowers his gun. As a group we cautiously make our way through the facility.

"I got heat signatures." Tony says.

"How many?" Steve asks.

"Uh? One." Tony replies.

When we walk into the large room with the cryostasis chambers the lights come on and we hear Zemo over the speakers, "If it's any comfort they died in their sleep."

We walk past one chamber and then another, each one of the soldiers had a single shot in the middle of their forehead. I try and hide my revulsion and fear that this is what Zemo intended for Bucky as well.

"Did you really think I wanted more of you?" Zemo asks.

"What the hell?" Bucky mutters beside me.

"I'm grateful to them, though. They brought you here. " a light flashes on revealing Zemo behind a chamber. Steve throws his shield at it but it just bounces back. Zemo doesn't flinch, "The soviets built this chamber to withstand the launch blast of UR-100 rockets."

Stark of course has a sarcastic comment, "I'm betting I could beat that."

"Oh I'm sure you could, Mr. Stark. Given time. But then you'd never know why you came."

"You killed innocent people in Vienna just to bring us here?" Steve walks up to the window.

"I've thought about nothing else for over a year." Zemo whispers. "I studied you. I followed you. But now they you're standing here I just realized there's a bit of green in the blue of your eyes." He chuckles, "How nice to find a flaw."

"You're Sokovian. Is that what this is about?" Steve asks.

"Sokovia was a failed state long before you blew it to hell. No. I'm here because I made a promise." Zemo continues.

Steve looks him up and down, "You lost someone." There is no coddling or sympathy in his voice, just understanding.

"I lost everyone. And so will you." A video pops up on a screen. "An empire toppled by its enemies can rise again. But one which crumbles from within? That's dead. Forever."

We all gather around the screen, Bucky with his weapon still trained on Zemo.

I look at the screen and the date and I look away in shame.

"I know that road." Tony says. "What is this?" Tony yells at Zemo but he doesn't say anything.

We watch through the footage, and I relive the night as we do. The mans pleading, Bucky staring into my eyes while he strangled the woman. I'm not on screen anywhere but it doesn't make it any less of my fault.