𝙩𝙬𝙤

The next morning I woke up before everyone. I unplugged my phone from it's charger to find that I had a warning for a hurricane that was supposed to hit tonight. Hurricane Agatha I think they're calling it?

I walked out of my room, still half asleep. I peeked into the spare bedroom to see JJ out cold on the bed. Typical for him since it's 7:30. I went back into my room and pulled out a crop top and the two piece bathing suit JJ always liked to see me in for some reason.

Once I was dressed, I went to our small bathroom we all shared to do my hair and put on some light mascara, I wasn't much into makeup. I brushed my hair decided to leave it down for once in my life. I got a notification on my phone at JJ liked my insta post and commented "I swear Liz, you're an
angel" which gave me butterflies. I smiled, maybe even blushed a bit.

Once I was done with the bathroom, I walked out only to walk straight into JJ who was standing in the doorframe. "How long have you been standing there?" I asked with a grin. "Long enough to see your reaction to my comment" he replied with a smile.

"You look amazing today by the way" he said looking me up and down, taking his arm from the doorframe and walking closer to me. "Why thank you" I said, looking from his eyes to his lips with a smile. I leaned in, about to kiss him but I swerved and pushed past him, out the door. "Oh come on!" He shouted and I laughed.

I went to John B's room and kicked the door with my foot, causing it to fly open. "Get your ass up, we're going fishing" I said with a smile then left and went out to the back porch. I left JJ at John B's bedroom door. "What the hell was that about?!" John B yelled after me. "I don't know man, but that was sorta hot" JJ mumbled under his breath. John B smacked him up beside the head.

I walked down our dock, with the keys to the HMS pogue in my hand. JJ and John B soon came out after me, with fishing gear, all ready to get going. I let John B drive because I didn't really want to today. Me and JJ sat at the front of the boat, me laying on his chest and his arms wrapped me.

It was perfect. Me and JJ laying around together, not a care in the world, nothing to worry about, soaking up the sun. I felt as if I was in a movie. But of course, all perfect moments come to an end right? As I was laying with JJ, my phone started to ring. Of course DCS had to be calling me right now, and not any other time

I sat up and looked at my phone. "Ughhhhh who is it?" JJ asked, upset that it ruined the moment. "John B, it's DCS" I looked at him with a worried face. Me and Him have been avoiding them since a few months ago when they found out our uncle was in Mississippi building houses.

"Just answer it I guess, we can't run from them forever Liz" John B replied. I picked up the phone. "Hello?" A woman said on the other side of the phone. It's Cheryl, the lady who has been on our case since the beginning.

"Is this Elizabeth Routledge?" She asked. "Speaking" I replied. "We would like to meet with you and your brother, John Routledge about your legal guardian at the moment" she stated. "Why? I'm with my uncle right now" I lied. "Please put him on the phone" she said, not believing me. "He can't, he's doing something at the moment" I lied again. "I would like to meet with you and your brother within the next 3 hours" she stated. "Ok, we can do that" I replied and hung up

"We have to meet them within the next 3 hours" I told John B. He nodded and started to turn the boat around. "We never get any time to enjoy ourselves, me and you need some alone time" JJ whispers in my ear, ending it with a smirk.

__________