Thirty two

We had sat in the emergency room all night. It was around 3 am when JJ noticed I had dozed off and decided to bring me home. Me and him stayed at the chateau.

"Morning babe" JJ said in his morning voice from behind me. He had his arm around me and he was still half asleep. "Morning J" I replied with a smile. I turned to face him.

"How do you think John B is doing?" I asked. "Liz you know he's gonna be fine" he says, knowing that I'm worried about my brother. The doctors had said he had a concussion and a broken wrist. "Besides, Sarah said she'd call us with any updates" JJ adds.

We had just managed to doze off to sleep again when there was a soft knock on my bedroom door. "Come in" I said, my voice mumbled from the pillows. "Liz, we gotta go. Pack up your stuff the Camerons have offered to let us live with them" John B says.

I paused before replying to him. I knew that if my brother had said yes to living with kooks, we'd be fine. Plus it was only a matter of time before DCS came back. "Ok" I replied with, getting out of bed and grabbing a bag.

JJ on the other hand was not happy about this at all, he sprang from my bed when he heard the words come from John B. "I'm sorry WHAT?!" He asked. "JJ, it's gonna be fine" I say, trying to calm him down.

"No, it's not fine Liz! It'll be a cold day in hell before I let my girlfriend move in with the guy who broke her heart and physically hurt her!" JJ yells. "It's all good bro, I'll protect her. Rafe won't go anywhere near-" JJ cut him off "John B how are you ok with this? Oh wait, you're wrapped around Sarah's finger. You're blinded. Well guess what? I'm not. I am NOT going to let this happen" JJ looks between us.

"JJ!" I yell. He calms down a bit so I lower my voice. "It's gonna be ok, John B will keep me safe. And besides, why would I spend my time there when I could be with you?" I ask. I rub my thumb against his cheek. "I'll see you later baby, I love you" I say, giving him a soft kiss on the lips. "I love you too, Elizabeth Routledge" he replies as I walk out the door.

Sooner or later, we're arriving at the Cameron's house in one of their convertibles. "Welcome home" Ward says as he takes his sunglasses off. He looks at both of us and we return the look.

Sarah shows John B to his room before showing me to mine. Mine was right next to hers, with an amazing view of the ocean. I set my stuff on the huge queen sized bed before I hear Sarah say something from the door.

"How do you like your new room?" She asks with a smile. "Oh my gosh it's great, thank you so much for taking me and my brother in you saved our asses" I reply with a giggle.

"Glad to see you like it! My room is right over here if you need anything" she says before leaving me to myself. I spent most of the afternoon just exploring the house, oh how easily I could have gotten lost in that place.

Later in the day, me and John B met the crew at the wreck. "Sorry, your staying where?" Kie asks me. "We're staying at Tannyhill" John B replies. JJ rolls his eyes. He's been quite upset about it the whole afternoon and I had to talk to him.

"JJ are you mad at me?" I ask. All attention goes to him. "No, I'm not mad at you. I could never be mad at you Liz, I'm just annoyed by the fact that your literally living with your ex" he says.

"Is someone jealous?" I tease with a smile. "Oh shut up" he says, playfully hitting me in the shoulder slightly smiling.

"Well, we've got the map right?" John B asks changing the subject. "It's all out of whack because the guy was gonezo when he drew it" JJ says, pointing at the map. "It's cause the coast has changed babe" I say looking up at him, trying not to laugh. "Oh yeah right" He replies.

"We just have to look for landmarks that haven't changed" Pope says. "What about the old forts?" John B asks. "Battery Jasper" Kie points out a spot on the map.

We all hopped into the van and drove up to battery jasper, where we could get a better look at the land around us. "It's so beautiful up here" I say, looking out into the ocean from the rock I was standing on. "Not as beautiful as you" JJ whispers into my ear.

"We're at battery right here, so if this is parcel nine... then it's somewhere northeast of here" Pope points out into the horizon. "Somewhere over there" Kie points to the same area as him. "Right"

"Over there?" I ask. "Guys that's not tannyhill that's a subdivision" JJ says. "Tannyhill plantation used to be the entire island, it got sold into smaller pieces over time" John B replies. "Alright so we're just looking for an old stone wall" Pope says.

We all climbed back into the van and headed northeast. "That looks like a stone wall to me" JJ says as John B parks the van on the opposite side of the road. "This is it" Pope says.

"Oh shit not the crane house" I whine as we climb out of the van. "Are you kidding me?" Kie says. "Worst case scenario" JJ adds. "Why'd it have to be here? Of all places" Pope mumbles.

"I heard that Mrs. Crane buried her husband's head on the property" JJ looks at me. "Yeah hell no I'm out" I say, starting to walk back to the van but I'm stopped when JJ grabs my wrist. "If I'm going, you're coming with me" he says.

———————————-

A/N

Happy Wednesday!!
We are now officially into episode six, this book is flying.
If you haven't already, please check out my edits on insta as I recently came back from break :) (my insta is jjs.baee)
I'll be updating again Saturday!!