twenty eight

The next morning, we all woke up and got ready to go to heyward's and work there for the day. "I call shotgun!" JJ yells as I hop in the front seat to drive.
"Where did JB go off too last night?" Kie asks. We all shrug.

"Don't let it get in your head bro there's three of them and two of us... that's some typical kook shit right there" JJ says to Pope, who was still worried about loosing his merit scholarship.

"Hey Lizzie, there's someone here to see you" Pope's dad says which makes all of us look up to officer shoupe. "I have an arrest warrant for felony and destruction of property" the officer says making his way over towards me.

I look back and shoot JJ a look. I can tell it's taking everything in him not to pounce on the officer right then and there.

"Hands on the counter where I can see them" he adds. "Elizabeth what did you do?" Pope's dad asks. "Woah woah woah you're arresting her?" Kie asks. "What the actual fuck man! She didn't do anything!" JJ was starting to get angry.

Shoupe handcuffed my hands behind my back. "Where's the proof?!" JJ asks. "Anything you say can and will me used against you in a court of law" the officer completely ignores any of the comments in the background.

I stay completely silent as I've been arrested with JJ plenty of times before, but this was different. Shoupe started to lead me out the door and the rest of the group followed close behind, yelling different things because they were mad.

JJ tried to grab me from shoupe but another officer held him back. All the sounds were muffled until JJ yelled at the top of his lungs and everyone fell silent.

"It wasn't her!! It was me... she being my girlfriend tried to talk me out of it but I was so angry at Rafe for roughing her up I didn't listen, and I was so sick of those assholes from figure eight that I lost my shit" he walks over to me. "Babe I can't let you take the blame for something I did, you don't deserve it" he adds.

"J, what are you doing?" I ask. "I'm telling the truth... for once in my god damn life I'm telling the truth" he replies looking me in the eyes. "I took heyward's boat too" he adds. "JJ come on-" Pope starts to talk but JJ cuts him off "Just shut up Pope! Just shut up..." he says. "Liz is a good kid, you know where I'm from" he looks at shoupe.

"That's the whole truth?" Shoupe asks me. I stay silent for a minute, debating weather I should go along or not. I know what JJ's dad will do to him if he finds out about this, but I know if I go to jail DCS will find me and it's all over.

"The whole truth I swear" JJ says. "I know what you think damn it I'm asking Lizzie here" shoupe replies. JJ looks straight into my eyes, begging me to say yes or nod. I slowly nod my head.

Shoupe takes me out of the handcuffs and puts them on JJ. "Babe I promise I'll get you out I love you!" I yell with tears as they put him into the back of the cop car. "I love you too Liz!" He replies. Before the vehicle drives off.

"Shit!" I yell as tears stream down my face. Kie comes over and pulls me into a hug. I cry into her shoulder. "Luke's gonna hurt him again Kie it's gonna be bad this time" I say. "It'll be ok, he'll be ok Lizzie I promise" she replies.

"Let's go back and get ready, midsummers is tonight remember?" Kie smiled. I had totally forgotten about midsummers being tonight, Kie brought me with her every year. She always let me borrow her dresses because I didn't have any nice ones.

We arrived back at Kie's house, she had one of the nicest places in figure eight. I looked around to see kooks everywhere in their nice clothing even though they were just out for walks. I looked like i just climbed out of a sandpit, covered in dirt with an oversized t-shirt and old jean shorts.

Kie motioned for me to follow her inside, so I did. Her parents were home, I always felt awkward because most of the time they would look at me as if I were a piece of gum under their shoe.

Kie brought me to her room and headed straight for her closet. "This is the one I'm wearing, it makes me look so fake but my parents are making me wear it" she said pulling out a light purple dress. "That's so pretty! I wish I had a dress like that" I said with a giggle.

"I have two dresses that you could wear, but personally I think this one would look best on you" she pulled out a light pink dress with sparkles on it.

"That's so pretty oh my god!" I say picking up the dress and looking at it

"That's so pretty oh my god!" I say picking up the dress and looking at it. "I still can't believe they're having midsummers after the shit the cut has been through this summer though" I say. "Happens every year, they don't care" Kie replies.

We both put on our dresses then show each other. "Oh my gosh Lizzie that looks so good on you! I'm definitely letting you keep that!" Kie says. "Thanks" I reply with a smile.

"Next, hair and makeup" Kie says. "Oh Kie I don't know-" she cuts me off, knowing I never wear makeup. "Liz, come on you're wearing makeup it's midsummers!" She smiles. I slowly nod as she pulls me over to her vanity.

I couldn't help but think about JJ as I looked in the mirror. He took the fall for me, it's my fault that he got arrested and it's my fault his father will find out. If it wasn't for my stupid mistakes, he would be with me right now.

Kie applied her lipstick as I used one of the darker shades she had. Whenever I wore lipstick, I always went with dark red. I then did my eye lashes, concealer, and foundation.

"How do I look?" I asked. "You look amazing!" Kie replies. I then took my hair out from the ponytail it was in and put it into a bun.

 I then took my hair out from the ponytail it was in and put it into a bun

Before I knew it, we were both ready about to leave for midsummers.

——————————-

A/N

Hi so I haven't updated for a few days but I hope you like this chapter :)
Also the fits the obx cast wore at the mtv awards the other night were just *chefs kiss*