twenty

Me and JJ soon make our way back inside. JJ has his arms around my shoulders as I wipe away my tears.

The group had finished listening to the tape, and John B was at his breaking point. I walked over and pulled my brother into a hug which he quickly returned.

We cried into each other's shoulders for a good 5 minutes as the group stayed silent. The twins were at they're worst, and there wasn't anything to say.

Hours later, we decided to have a small fire. It always took my mind off things, but I wasn't so sure about John B. Kie softly played her ukulele.

I laid my head on JJ shoulder as he softly rubbed mine. I was gazing into the fire as I listened to Kie play. "How much was it again?" JJ asked the group.

"400 mil" Pope replies. "Alright let's talk the split" JJ says after a few seconds of silence. "Now, before we say evenly, let me remind you that I am the only one who can properly defend us from those groupers that are after us" he adds.

"JJ, you've done zero training" Pope states which causes me to laugh. "YouTube bro, that's at least a 5% bump right there" JJ replies. "Babe, YouTube doesn't count" I lock eyes with him. "But babe, it does" he replies with a smile. He then kissed my cheek.

"So are we just not gonna talk about this or?" Pope gestures two the both of us. "Elizabeth Jordan Routledge, you got a boyfriend and you DIDN'T tell me?" She looks at me. "Look Kie, it's been a wild day" I defend myself.

"I asked her out at the lighthouse earlier" JJ winks. "Welp, guess i'm not leaving you two together next time" Kie grins at me which I kindly return.

"Enough about Lizzie and JJ's relationship, let's talk gold" Pope says. "With my 80 mil, I'm gonna pay for college and textbooks, those are expensive" he adds.

"What about you, Kie?" I ask. "Yeah, what does a socialist do when she's rich?" Pope asks sarcastically. "I just wanna make a double album, about obx, the pogues" Kie shot me and JJ a smile as I leaned into him a little more.

"I know what I'm gonna do, Me and Liz are gonna get a big ass house on figure eight and go full kook" I looked up at JJ as he looked back at me. We hadn't even talked about the future yet, especially since we only got together today.

"You're gonna go full kook?" Pope asks with a chuckle. "Yep we're going full kook, we're gonna get a huge water fountain and a coy pond" I respond. Kie and Pope laughed. "Never visiting" She says. "You won't have to visit, you'll be living there with me, roomie" I reply.

"What are you gonna do with your 80 mil John B?" Pope asks. We all look up at my brother who had been silent the whole time. "To going full kook" was all he replied with. We all stood up in order to make a cheers.

"To going full kook" the group said. They all looked at me when I didn't say anything. "To going full kook, baby!" I yell and the rest of the group smiles.

The next morning, the five of us board hms pogue and head out towards the docks. I was laying with my head in my boyfriend's lap when he whistles and looks off at a boat heading in the opposite direction as us.

"You guys see that? That's the Malibu 24 MXZ" he says. I sit up and look at the maroon boat for myself. We all look over at it. "200K, easy" JJ adds.

"We picked the wrong parents" Pope states. "Indeed we did" I agree. "I hate to break it to you guys but that's Topper and his girlfriend" Kie says.

They pass us on the expensive boat with their heads up high. Sarah lifts her glasses and looks us as if we were trash, which to her we probably were.

"You don't have to act like you don't see us, bitch" me and Kie say at the same time. I lay back down, placing my head in JJ's lap again as the boat goes farther into the distance.

After a long day on the pogue, me and my friends decide to make our way to one of the kook hotels and get a pin point on where the royal merchant wreck was.

JJ started to load his gun before John B told him to put it back. "You can never be too careful" he replies. I slide the back door open and walk over to the passenger's side window. "J, bringing a gun to a four star hotel will probably cause more problems than they solve" I say with a giggle.

"Took the words right from my mouth" Pope states. "Thanks sis" John B responds. "JJ, I swear to god I'm gonna throw that thing in the ocean put it back" Kie says. "Not if I throw it in first" I say with a shrug as I walk away.

"Can't forget my badge, professional buss boy" JJ says as he grabs ahold of the card he insisted on bringing. "So, where are we going now?" Pope asks.
JJ catches up to me and puts his arm around my shoulder as the rest of the group follows us.

Oh my god, here we go I thought to myself.

——————————

A/N

Happy Tuesday everyone! Sorry for uploading a little late today, I had school!

Tysm for 8K on TikTok and almost 2K reads on this story it's insane and it means so much to me!!

Feel free to comment thoughts, I love reading them and thanks for reading!! :)