twenty four

Once we arrived back at the boat, JJ didn't notice any of our injuries we had just gotten. We continued on with our deliveries.

"Woohoo! That was the best 100 bucks I've ever made!" JJ yells as he gets back onto the boat, laughing. "When I say count me in on these grocery deliveries, I mean it" he adds.

JJ noticed we were being quiet. "What's up with you? Bro you good?" JJ asks Pope.

Shit.

"Yo what's happened to your face dude?" He asked Pope, lifting his hat a little. He saw one of the spots where the golf club had hit. "Jesus!" He yells.

He looked over at me and noticed that I was hiding one side of my face. "Liz, look at me" he says. I don't look at him. "Elizabeth Routledge, I said look at me!" He yells. I could hear the pain in his voice.

I look at him and he grabs my chin the look at the bruise a little closer. "Alright who the hell did this?!" He yells again. "JJ, calm down it's fine" I mumble.

"No, it's not fine Liz! Someone slapped my fucking girlfriend and I wanna know who it was!" He snaps. "Pope, what happened?" JJ asks Pope, knowing I won't tell him. "Rafe and Topper jumped us" he replied. JJ kicks a bucket that was on the ground.

"They said no pogues on their side of the island, Rafe slapped Lizzie because she was standing up for you" he adds. JJ looks away shaking his head. "What are we gonna do about it?" JJ asks.

Next thing I know, we're at the edge of Topper's dock. We're gonna sink his boat. "This is war, they hit us, we hit them" JJ says before slipping a bandanna over his head then putting sunglasses on.

Pope starts to take his shirt off to go pull the plug. "No, I got this" I say pulling my shirt over my head.
I then dive off the boat and start swimming over to the boat.

I quickly get into the boat and pull the plug before hopping off and swimming back to ours. I climb over the side with the plug in my hand and a smile on my face.

Pope gives me and high five. "No you didn't" JJ says with a smile. "I am so proud of you right now, holy crap" he adds, looking around to make sure no one was looking.

"JJ, Liz, you can't tell anybody" Pope chimes in. "Oh yeah totally dude-" JJ's cut off by Pope. "No I'm serious. Not Kie, not John B, not nobody" "My lips are sealed" me and JJ say at the same time.

"Babe, give me that" JJ says referring to the plug in my hand. I hand it to him before he runs to the back of the boat and throws it into the water.

"Hey, save some waves for us!" JJ yells as we run into the water with our surf boards in our arms. It had been hours since the incident at the golf course, and the three of us had decided to keep it to ourselves.

"Hey where ya been?" Kie asks with a smile. "Long story" I reply with a smile. We all surfed for hours. I admired watching my boyfriend surf, he was one of the best surfers out there. But I had to admit, I was pretty good too.

The sun had set, and we were all back at the chateau. Me and JJ were laying on the hammock while Pope, John B, and Kie sat in chairs beside us.

"You really think it's out there? Like, no bullshit" Pope asks, referring to the gold. "Our father thought it was" John B replies. "But do you?" Pope asks. "After hearing his voice on that tape, I think I do" he replies again. "Only one way to find out" Pope and John B do a handshake.

"Look we're gonna find it ya know" Kie states. "Even JJ believes" I say, looking up at him with a smile. "Oh my god, JJ, do you really believe?" John B asks sarcastically.

"Totally..." JJ wasn't paying attention as he looked into my eyes. "Wait are we talking about 4 mil?" He asks when he snaps back into reality. "400 mil" we all say. I giggle.

JJ pulls me closer to him as he gets comfortable on the hammock. "I'm gonna dream about shipwrecks" JJ says as he closes his eyes. "Goodnight Bird" JJ says to John B. "Goodnight Birdshit" he replies. I let out a laugh.

"Night Babe" JJ says, planting a kiss on the top of my head, his arms still wrapped around me. "Night" I reply.

The next morning, we're back out on Pope's dad's boat again. We were heading out to test the drone out and look for the royal merchant wreck. "Alright JJ, pin it here" John B says. "Roger that, X marks the spot" he replies, stopping the boat.

"To going full kook" John B looks around at all of us before putting the drone overboard. "10 seconds northwest" John B says to JJ as he looks onto he monitor. Me and Kie were keeping track of the tether.

"Got it, 10 seconds northwest" JJ turns the boat so it's hovering right over the spot. "100 feet" Kie says as I mark it on the side of the boat.

Pope gasps. "What?!" We all say. "It's nothing, just thought I saw it" he replies. "Don't do that to us man" JJ says.

"400 feet" Kie says as I mark it on the side of the boat again. "The tides turning" I say. "Hey JJ, 10 seconds southeast Alright?" John B asks. "Copy that" JJ replies, turning the wheel. "JJ, 20 seconds mid speed Alright, south" My brother speaks again.

JJ starts to fight the tide. "John B is that good?" He asks. "Perfect Alright keep it there" he replies. "700 feet!" I call out. Kie marks it this time.

We all start to look at each other with worry as the waves pick up. Dark clouds are quickly moving in.
"JJ, hold steady!" John B yells over the noise from the wind.

"900 feet!" I call out. Kie marks it. We both start to call out every 20 feet. John B gives JJ another direction. "John B the current is too strong!" Kie yells. "We're gonna loose it!" I yell as we both hold on as tight as we can to the drone.

"South southwest JJ, hard!" John B calls out. The boat straightens out and my brother asks Pope what he sees. "Nothing, a whole lot of nothing" he replies.
"960!" Me and Kie call out. "970!"

John B and Pope hover over the monitor. "980!" the drone finally hits the bottom. "I'm at the bottom!" Pope calls out. "Steady here!" John B yells at JJ.

Me and Kie are now over at the monitor with the boys. "Good god..." Pope says. "You see anything?" JJ asks from the steering wheel. I look at the monitor with a smile. "Guys, we found it!" I yell.

—————————

A/N

Happy Mother's Day! Be sure to tell your mom that you appreciate her :)
Hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'm gonna write tomorrow's when I get home from visiting my dad today!