twenty three

The next morning, we all head out to the dock to try out the camera on the drone. Me, Kie, and John B were in the water while JJ and Pope were up on the dock.

John B and Kie were moving around and being goofy. I went up to the camera and stuck my tongue out. John B and Kie waved at the drone a few times before we all came up.

"Hey, look, once we get footage of the wreck, we'll bring it to the lawyer in town and file a formal claim" John B states. "Yeah it's such bullshit why we have to do that" JJ says. "Exactly, why can't we just take the gold and sell it?" I ask.

"Well there is a law about it, Lizzie" Pope replies. "As soon as they see the footage, they'll work for a comp" John B says. "How do you know all of that?" Kie asks with a giggle. I climb out of the water.

"This tether is like really long, in the wrong weather this thing could get pushed around" Pope says. "Now we just gotta wait around for the right weather" he adds. "And today isn't that day" I say pointing up at the dark clouds.

After we finish with the drone, Me, JJ, and Pope all go to help out pope's dad and deliver some of the groceries around the island. "Get these groceries over to figure eight, and no fishing. I promised delivery by this afternoon" he tells us. I take a few bags from his hands and set them on the table behind me.

JJ puts out both of his hands to take a few bags of groceries. "Awe JJ thank you" Mr. Heyward says. I laugh before I kiss my boyfriend on the cheek. He then sets the groceries on the table before turning around and pulling me in for a kiss. I was a bit surprised but I kissed him back.

I then pull away and we both smile at each other. Pope then pulls the boat into the marsh and we make our way over to figure eight.

"It doesn't even look like the storm hit there" Pope says. "That's because they got generators bro get used to it" JJ replies. Me and him were both sitting up on a table inside the boat.

"And then they say the juice will be out all summer at the cut" JJ adds. "Damn, it must be nice" I mumble. "It's nice to be a kook" Pope says. "Lucky bastards" JJ adds as the boat continues moving.

Pope stops the boat to make a delivery at one of the golf courses. I decide to help him out on this one. I carry one of the bags of food while he carries a case of beer.

"Be carful Liz" JJ calls out as I walk away from the boat. "J, don't worry at about me! I'll be right back" I reply. Me and Pope start walking down the path towards the building.

"Shit" I mumble as Rafe quickly approaches us, followed by Topper. "Hey wassup man! You brought my girl back to me I see" Rafe says as he approaches Pope, then looks at me. He puts his hand on my shoulder before I quickly pull away.

"You lost the privilege of calling me that a long time ago... don't fucking touch me!" I say. "Damn Liz, you know it doesn't have to be like this between us. Just come back to me" he whispers. I look away.

"Hey, how much for one of those beers?" He asks Pope, who was standing right beside me. "They aren't for sale" he replies. "You can just give us one alright?" Rafe says.

"Or you can order one, like everybody else" I state with an attitude. "But you've got so many and we've got nothing?" Rafe says. "We got nothing" Topper backs him up. Rafe puts the end of his golf club in one of the bags and rips it open.

"What the fuck!" I yell. "You owe me for that!" Pope yells. "I don't owe you shit, pogue" Rafe gets closer to him. This isn't gonna be good. "Rafe what the actual hell is wrong with you?" I ask.

He comes over to me. "You! You're my problem, I heard you chose a fucking pogue over me after you broke up with me!" He yells. "Well at least he treats me better than you ever could" I spit back at him.

He slaps me before pushing me onto the ground. "Fuck you Rafe Cameron!" I yell at him. I stand up to see Topper wrestling Pope for the beers before Pope is thrown onto the ground.

I felt a bruise start to form on my face as Pope and I both started to stand. Pope goes to take a swing at topper but Rafe quickly hits him in the shin with the golf club.

I try to run to Pope but Topper grabs my waist and holds me back. Rafe then hits Pope in the back with the back with the golf club. "Rafe, Rafe, Rafe, come on man!" Topper yells, still not letting go of me.

I was surprised to see Topper telling him to stop. Topper finally let's go of me before I run over to Pope's side. Rafe gets down close to him. "We don't want you over here, you got that?" He tells Pope.

"But you're welcome over here anytime"  he whispers in my ear with a smirk before walking away. "Don't you ever come near us again Rafe!" I call out to him in the distance.

Topper hesitates before he walks away. He looks between me and Pope. "Hey let's go!" Rafe yells at him. He finally walks away.

I help pope get up and cover his injuries as he helps cover mine. "You alright? Kooks are total assholes" I ask. "I'll be fine. I just hope JJ doesn't find out about it, especially about them hurting you" he replies.

If JJ found out, we both knew all hell would break loose so we decide to just keep it between us. When me and Rafe used to date, JJ and Rafe would often get into fights about Rafe treating me the way he did.

The day I broke up with Rafe, the pogues literally threw a party at the boneyard. They all told me it was to take my mind off the break up but we all knew it was because I finally dumped him.

——————————-

A/N

Hope you're having an amazing Saturday!
At this point, we're almost at the end of episode 3 so I have a ways to go!😂

Anyways, hope you're enjoying and the next chapter will be up tomorrow :)