Thirty three

Me and the crew snuck into the yard, which was overgrown with weeds and all sorts of plants. "Bro there's probably so many snakes in here" I say looking around. As much as I loved the outdoors I absolutely hated snakes.

"Don't worry babe, I'll protect you" JJ says with a sarcastic smile. I look back at him with a glare. "Look you guys know who's house this is right?" Kie asks. "Oh yeah, no I do" JJ replies.

"Honestly I don't really believe the stories of this place" John B says. "Please you were absolutely terrified when we heard them as kids" I reply.

"Which stories did you here?" JJ asks me. "The one where she killed her husband with an axe" I reply. "And certain nights when the moon is full you can see her in the window" I wiggle my fingers in his face with a laugh. "No Liz it's not funny though because it's all true" he says, trying to keep up with me.

"I swear to god guys this is all real" he looks back at the rest of the crew. "I knew Hollis-" he cuts himself off when he gets scared by one of the many statues Mrs. Crain had in her yard. "Wait you knew Hollis Crain?" Pope asks. "She was my babysitter man" he replies.

"And his first crush" I add. "Technically you were my first crush" he looks at me. "Please you used to constantly tell me how much you liked her" I laugh. "Anyways she told me all about it, told me the truth" JJ changes the subject.

"About her mother, and what happened in this house" We all look up at the old house, boy did that place give me the creeps.

"So as a kid, she heard all the stories that her mother had killed her father and she was a murderer and all... Hollis didn't believe it" JJ looks at me with a look that made me want to kiss him right there in front of all our friends. Even though we were talking about murder and my brother was standing right in front of us, I didn't care.

"Until that night" JJ continues with his story. "What night?" John B asks. "It all came back to her, when Hollis was six years old she heard her parents arguing downstairs. So she goes downstairs to see her mom washing her hands in a sink full of blood" JJ looks me right in the eye, taking a step closer to me.

"Her mother says she just cut her finger, the next morning she says her father and her split up. But then Hollis noticed something, her mother going into the parlor, constantly. In and out, and in and out with plastic bags. Weeks pass and Hollis decides to use the outhouse"  JJ continues. It starts to come back to me and I remember the story, JJ's told me this one before.

"And as she's using it-" I cut him off. "She looks down, and there in the outhouse, is her father's head staring right... back... at her" I finish, jumping towards Pope at the last part to scare him. I could tell how scared he was by the look on his face.

"Dude you two are so full of shit" John B says. "Did she call the police?" Pope asks. "She didn't have time to-" JJ stops when John B starts to storm towards the house. "You sure you wanna do this? She's an axe murderer man you got a cast on" JJ mentions.

"I don't give a shit if she's an axe murderer, ok? I have nothing to loose right?" John B asks. The group stays silent as we sneak up to the house. "Alright so here's the plan, we need to look for the wheat near the water like it said in Denmark's letter" John B whispers as we all huddle up.

"What kind of water? Like pond water orrr?" Pope asks. "Bong water?" JJ chuckles as he says it. He looks at me and we both laugh. "It just said look for water, ok?" John B tries to keep us on topic.

"That's the worst secret message ever" Kie states. "Agreed" I add. Kie and John B start to head straight, Pope going left, which leaves me and JJ to head right.

"What are we looking for again?" He asks. "Your an idiot" I reply with a laugh. "Yeah, but you love me" he says with a smile. "You're not wrong there"

He follows me through the bushes. I walk straight into a statue which makes me scream. JJ immediately grabs me and covers my mouth. "Shhh I don't want my girlfriend being murdered by an axe murderer" JJ says into my ear.

He lets me go and I laugh. "I swear to god Liz I'm dead serious" he replies. "Haha dead serious" I laugh again. Me and JJ head back. John B finally decides to check under the house.

I giggle as JJ almost trips over a bird on his way over. I follow my brother in with a flashlight, and damn did that place give me the creeps. "Down came Mrs. Carin and cut off all our heads, then up came the sun and dried up all the blood" JJ starts to sing which makes me laugh.

"Can you stop?" Pope shines the light at me and JJ. "You guys are gonna get us caught then your little song about death will come true" He adds. We all look around for a sign of any water. "There's no water here" Pope says. "No shit sherlock" I reply

"You know the reason we didn't find it? Bad karma" Kie looks over at John B. "Oh god here we go" he looks at me. "You know we had a good thing going, and then you decided to rope in Barbie and now the trails gone dry. Coincidence? I think not" She says.

"This is exactly why I didn't wanna tell you about Sarah" John B fires back. "Oh lord... JJ, Pope, pop some popcorn" I whisper low enough so JB and Kie don't hear me. "What the hell's the deal? What's going on with you two?" John B asks.

"Nothing" Kie replies. "Nothing? Is it because I kissed you is that the problem?" He asks with a grin. I look at JJ with shock in my face and he does the same. Then she slaps him. "Oh shit! You tell him bestie!" I say with a giggle.

——————————

A/N

Hey everyone! I publishing tonight because idk where I'll be at tomorrow, but I might not be home so I probably won't have time to write.
Hope you have a great weekend! Next update is Wednesday then I'll be writing more because imma be on summer vaca! :)