twenty two

Once I make it around the corner, I dart towards the impound lot. Just then, the boys come into view. JJ had brought I code with him, but I knew it probably wasn't going to work since it had been so long since his dad worked there.

I saw JJ try to quickly punch in a code. He tried as hard as he can to pull the lock open. "Do you have the right numbers?" Pope asks. "Alright so I might have the wrong numbers" He replies.

"Why is it always the girl who has to save the day?" I ask which makes them all jump. "Jesus Liz!" John B and JJ say at the same time. I start to pick the lock.

Just then, a dog quickly approaches us. "Stay there! Good Boy!" JJ yells at the dog, who was barking rapidly. "Screw this" I mumble as I grab a piece of cloth that was on the ground and start to slowly walk away.

"I got a toy boy!" I say as I wave it around. "Liz what the hell!" JJ says as he runs up to me. The dog starts to chase me so I start running. JJ runs along beside me.

"She was just kidding!" He yells back at the dog. The dog starts to get closer. "Shit! Ok um sit!" I say. The dog doesn't listen. I climb up a ladder into a boat while JJ follows. The dog stays barking at the bottom.

I hear the security guard approach at the bottom. "Shit" I mumble. "Whoever's up there better come on out! Don't make me come up there!" He yells

JJ looks at me with an idea. I decide to follow his actions just to go along with whatever web he's spinning. "Wait! Bobby! Don't shoot!" He says as he starts to raise his hands. I do the same.

We start to stand up. "It's me, JJ, Luke's kid... and this is my girlfriend, Liz" His eyes start to tear up. He's such a good actor. "I swear, I didn't want to ok? My dad made me" JJ says. "Don't you lie!" The guard replies.

"He told me where captain heel kept his cutting torch, you know after he got fired" JJ starts to fake cry and so do I, trying to make it believable. "He said if I didn't get it for him he was gonna... he was gonna hurt Liz" I turn to JJ before fake crying into his chest.

"Son of a bitch..." was all the guard had to say. "We're sorry... we're so sorry" I say. JJ puts his arm around me. We're both still fake crying. "Come on down" the security guard says.

I start to climb down the ladder first, soon to be followed by JJ. "I almost killed the both of you" The guard adds. "I know..." JJ says. "We're sorry" I say. "I'll just come up with something, tell him we couldn't find it" JJ cries.

"Alright... go on now" the guard says, starting to walk away. Once he could no longer see us, we wiped away the tears on our faces and smiled at each other. "Damn Liz you're pretty hot when you're acting" He whispers in my ear.

"I could say the same about you, JJ Maybank" I giggle.

By the time we arrive at Kie's family restaurant, it's dark. We were all hungry after stealing the drone so we decided to stop there before heading home.

We walk inside. "Hey dad, how'd we do?" Kie asks her dad. Me and the rest of the group head to the front of the restaurant as Kie tries to convince her dad to let us have some free food.

"Here's your lock picking kit back, Liz" John B hands me the case. "I didn't use it, I just ended up hitting the lock with a pipe until it broke" He adds. I laugh. Pope and John B start to talk as JJ stares at me.

"What's on your mind, Babe?" I ask with a smile. "Nothing, I'm just admiring my beautiful girlfriend. You were amazing today" he quickly kissed me. "That thing where you just came out of nowhere earlier, that was so badass" he adds.

I blush. "Thanks Maybank, your acting skills were pretty good" I reply. "Pretty good? Elizabeth, I should be on Broadway" he states and we both laugh.

"These are my friends" We hear Kie say. We all give an awkward wave. Her dad says something before she quickly leans in and hugs him. I wish me and my dad had the relationship they did, even though I know it wasn't perfect.

"Sit down" Kie tells us. We were all excited. I ran around one of the tables to grab a seat a. JJ followed me, taking the seat next to mine.

A few minutes later, Kie's dad came out with multiple plates of fries and burgers. Kie brought out a large pitcher of water. The song 8teen by Khalid started to play on the radio.

JJ tried to throw a fry in my month and I caught it with a laugh. I did the same to him but he missed it and I laughed harder. Kie signaled John B to dance which he gladly accepted with a smile. I sat there watching them for a few seconds before JJ turned to me.

"I bet we can dance better than them" He says. "Bet" I say standing up and dragging him into the middle of the floor. Soon after, one of the waitresses joined in with Pope. We all start to dance and have a good time. That night was one of the best nights of my life. No gold, No worries, Just pogues being pogues.

I was sad when the night had to end, but Kie's dad had to close up and it was getting really late. That night as I got ready for bed at the chateau, I thought about how I danced with my boyfriend, and how I'd do that over and over again for the rest of eternity.

——————————

A/N

Happy Friday! Hope you had an amazing week and I can't wait to write more to this story!
Also thanks for 2K reads that's insane! Hope y'all are enjoying!!