Thirty

"Nice to see you here, Liz. Looking beautiful as always" Rafe says looking down at me. JJ watches before quickly pulling me back towards him. "Jealous Maybank?" Rafe asks. "Shut the fuck up Rafe" he replies.

"I'm wondering if you could get me a drink, JJ? I'll keep the lady company" Rafe says, grabbing my boyfriend by the shoulders. "Make that two" Kelce chimes in.

"Well there's some drinks right here" JJ pulls me as we both back away. Once we reach the door, we book it inside the building, Rafe and his friends following close behind. JJ grabs my hand and knocks some of the chairs down behind us in effort to slow the kooks down.

JJ runs with me until we reach the men's room. "J I can't go-" he cuts me off. "I know Liz but there's no where else to go" he says as he pulls me inside. He starts to quickly check all the stalls being yelled at as they were all being used. I blush feeling shy, keeping my eyes on the floor. We walk around into the locker room only to be met by Rafe.

"Hey guys what are you doing in the locker room?" Rafe asks as he throws JJ over to Kelce who puts him in a headlock. "Hold him still, what are you thinking right here Liz?" Rafe asks as he pretends to hold a golf club.

"Leave him alone you assholes!" I yell. JJ tries to squirm out of Kelce grip. "Alright can you please hold still? It's very disrespectful when I'm trying to hit a ball" Rafe says.

I start to run at Rafe but one of Rafe's friends grabs me and holds me back. "Get your hands off of me!" I yell. I look over at JJ who is looking back at me. We make eye contact.

"Your face looks really bad, starting to look like your dad a lot more" Rafe says in JJ's face. JJ spits at him. "Oh shit" Rafe says with a chuckle.

The lights flicker as a security guard walks in. The boys let go of me and JJ as we drop to the floor, both making a thud. "Is there a problem here?" The guard asks.

"No there isn't an issue-" JJ cuts me off. "Actually yes officer there is an issue, criminal trespass in progress here. Me and Liz here are in violation of all kinds of shit sir, but these young gentlemen caught us and they're about to take us away and that's what you should do, escort us out of here" Sometimes I really wonder where he comes up with this shit.

"You got us" I say. Me and my boyfriend both put our wrists up to be handcuffed. "Fix that tie son, oh you looking pretty spiffy too you power puff girls have fun" JJ looks back at them as the guard starts to walk us away.

"Ya know Liz, you're looking pretty hot for a pogue" Rafe says. We was most definitely asking for it. JJ Suong around out of the guards grip before running back towards Rafe with rage. The boys start to fight But are pulled apart by the officer and Rafe's friends.

"You think I'm afraid of you bro?!" JJ yells. The guard aggressively pulls us back out the door we came. "Look man, I can walk myself I got legs, can you see that? Also please stop dragging my girlfriend, it's rude" JJ says.

"I really appreciate what you did back there but just let me walk out by myself-" he cuts himself off. "Oh Mr. Dulimby I see you got your drink, good I'm actually gonna down that" JJ grabs the cup from the old man's hand and drinks it. Damn, that was hot.

"It's ok everybody! Don't panic! Let's leave it to the men in women in uniform am I right Liz?!" JJ claps. I giggle and clap with him. "Rose! Look like lady liberty" JJ points to the spikes coming from Rose's head. I let out the laugh I had been holding.

"Let go of them! You can't just boot them!" Kie yells at the guard. "Excuse me ma'am?" The man replies. "I invited them here, I'm a member of this club" she adds, her parents telling her to keep quiet as they were embarrassed. The whole place was staring at us.

JJ looks at me with a smirk before we both turn around and push the guard into a table. "Pope, Kie, let's roll!" Me and JJ both yell before we meet up with John B. "Captain!" They both solute each other. "Mission accomplished sir" JJ says. Pope and Kie both run out of the event with us, JJ carrying me bridal style back to the pogue. We were all laughing, just pogues being pogues.

Around an hour or so later, we decided to have a campfire. "Hey guys, my dad's already gonna kill me so what's this mandatory meeting about?" Pope asks. "This is a meeting?" I tilt my head in confusion from my seat on JJ's lap of course.

"Might as well tell them man, before we can't" JJ twirls his finger around one of the curls in my hair. "Tell us what?" I asked. "You ready for this? The gold never went down with the royal merchant" John B states. Pope rolls his eyes "here we go with this again"

"Bro, do you ever stop complaining?" I asked. "He does on rare occasions, anyways Pope hear him out" JJ looks over at Pope. "It's been here the whole time" John B says looking straight at me. "I'm sorry what?" I ask in disbelief.

"It's on the Island, Liz" he adds. "Oh my god" Kie says. "Can I please present you with my evidence?" John B asks. "You're gonna anyways even if I say no so go ahead" I reply

"In my backpack, I have a letter from Denmark Tanny" My brother pulls out a piece of paper from his bag. "Who's that?" Kie asks. "He's a slave who survived the royal merchant wreck" he replies.

"What?" She asks sorta confused. He hands her the letter. "Back then the slaves weren't counted as crew members, he used the money to by a farm and drum roll please because that farm is..." Pope and Kie start to pat their legs.

"Tannyhill plantation" he finishes. "Tannyhill?" Kie asks in disbelief. "Yeah and then after that he sells a shit ton of rice which pisses off all the white planters and then... they decide to lynch him. So on the day they were coming to get him, he write a letter to his son as a farewell and on the last line of that letter he leaves a coded message about where to find the gold" John B finally stops talking.

"...where?" Me and Kie both ask with a sarcastic grin. "Harvest the wheat in parcel nine near the water" he replies. "Except, there's no wheat" he adds. "You see, wheat is code for gold" everyone starts to smile.

"All we need is an original survey map of the property and we found the gold" I get up from JJ's lap without a word, walk around the fire, and pull my brother into a big hug. "Aye fire! fire!" he says as we were standing close to the open flame.

"I am so proud of you right now" JJ says with a grin. "Thanks JJ, that's really sweet of you" John B replies. "So what's the plan?" Pope asks. "Glad you asked, so Sarah Cameron's coming tonight and she's gonna bring an original survey map-" Kie cuts him off.

"Wait hold on... why Sarah?" Kie asks. "Uhhh" John B couldn't find the words to say. "This is gonna be good" JJ looks away from the two. "Damn right it is" I add.

————————————

A/N

Hey guys! Sorry for updating kinda late tonight, I've had a very interesting day😂

But anyways, I'll be updating Saturday again! I'll try and write a lot more once I'm out of school for the summer but as of right now I'm writing as much as a can
Hope you're having an amazing day!!