𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

Once we got back, John B unloaded the boat and went to start up the van. I was waiting on the back porch with JJ. "Are you sure you won't be bored while I'm gone?" I ask him with a smile. "No promises, but I'll find something to do I guess" he replied with a shrug. I smiled.

I said goodbye to JJ and we left the house. Me and John B got into an argument about who got to drive, but I won because I pulled the "I'm older" card. I'm technically older than him by 2 minutes. "If I could, I would literally murder everyone at DCS" I told my brother. He started laughing. "You're so dramatic, and even if you did, you'd go to Juvie, so no" he said. "No shit" I replied with a laugh.

We took the ferry to the mainland and walked into DCS parking lot, which I was not looking forward too. I can't believe I had to ruin my time with JJ for this. "Are you thinking about JJ?" John B said with a stupid smirk. He can literally read my mind I swear. "Shut up" I told him. We both had smiles on our faces.

We walked into the DCS worker's office and took a seat in front of her. "Hello Miss Routledge" the lady said, putting her hand out for me to shake. As much as I didn't want to, I shook it to be polite. "And hello Mr Routledge" she said, moving her hand towards John B for him to shake. He shook her hand aswell, but I could tell he didn't really want too.

"It has come to our attention that the two of you have been living on your own, is that correct?" She asked with the sweetest voice possible. It was pretty dumb because she was acting like we were 5. "No, we are living with our uncle" I told her. "When was the last time you spoke with him?" She asked "34 minutes ago" John B said. I tried my best to hold back a laugh.

"And when was the last time you spoke to him in person?" She asked. God she's so annoying. "2 hours and 34 minutes ago?" John B told her, looking at his watch. "We will be sending out a case worker to talk to your uncle tomorrow morning, we just want you both to feel happy and safe" she said in a concerned tone. I can tell this lady is a Karen.

With that, me and John B left the office to go home. "She literally could have told me that over the phone" I say, sorta annoyed. I missed JJ and I wondered what he was doing.

"Well, at least it's over with. Besides, they probably won't even come tomorrow, the ferry will be closed." John B said as we got onto the ferry. "I mean, just look at the clouds. It's already starting to move in" he added, pointing at the clouds. I looked up and saw the dark clouds. It was starting to get sorta windy.

When we arrived back at the island, they had a tv on in the coast guard office. Me and John B pushed past people to get to the front and see the whether. "Damn" is a all John B had to say as he looked up at the screen. They were showing an outlook of the hurricane. "This is gonna be a big one" i replied to his comment, then we both looked at each other.

——————————————

A/N

Hope y'all are having an amazing Thursday! This chapter is sorta boring but I promise it will get better after the hurricane so I can get back on track with the show!!

Anyway, hope you're enjoying this story!!