Thirty four

"Oh shit!" Pope and JJ say when they hear the slap. "That echo dude" JJ says, looking at both me and Pope. "Stop treating me like I'm some girl that's obsessed with you instead of your best friend that's actually trying to look out for you" Kie says.

"Why'd you uh hit me?" He asks. "Skeeter, see it" Kie raises her hand to reveal a squashed bug. He slaps her back. "Oooo ok" Pope says. "Yeah ok uh no" JJ adds. "Hey um guys let's not-" I'm cut off when John lifts his hand to show yet another squashed mosquito.

They start to play fight while I follow Pope, and I have to admit the mosquitoes were awful. "Why are they so many mosquitoes in a basement?" Pope asks. "Umm hello, it's probably where she hid the body" I joke, though now that I think about it it wasn't very funny.

"Those little vampire bastards won't leave me alone" JJ says which causes me to giggle. I love how he always makes every situation funny. "Alright can we leave? I'm already itching to leave" JJ continues, but me and Pope share a look as we see one of the boards popping up from the floor.

Pope steps up onto the board and starts to stomp on it. "Yo I just found Mrs. Crain's voodoo doll guys" JJ looks at me. He throws it at me which makes me scream as I jump back and fall onto the ground. Kie and JJ both laugh. "Would you cut it out we're gonna get caught" John B smiles.

"Alright seriously can we leave now?" JJ asks. I walk over to Pope and bend down next to him. He drops a small rock through the floor boards which is lead by a echoed splash. We both look at each other with wide eyes before desperately trying to find something that would pry the board up.

The other three quickly came over, shushing us and telling us to be quiet. "you gotta help us move this" I whisper. "Ok just be quiet, it could go down if we got caught" JJ replies.

We all start to move the junk that was laying around on the floor before starting to remove the boards. JJ grabbed one end, and I grabbed the other. We made eye contact and never broke it as we set the board down with the others.

We all peered over the dark hole with our flashlights, complete shock on all of our faces. "Well well well" Pope jokes with a slight smile. "That was a good dad joke" me and John B both mumble. "They built this part of the house right over it" Kie says.

"This is where she hid the bodies" JJ looks at all of us. "There it is" I say, knowing that he was bound to say something like that as some point. "Dude come on" Pope taps his shoulder. "No im dead serious" he replies. "Haha dead serious" I make the same joke I did in the yard before.

"Both if you stop" Kie looks at both me and JJ. "She probably doesn't even know it's here" she adds. "We found water" Pope smirks at John B. "We're gonna need a really big rope" he replies.

We all decided it was best to leave before we got caught. Me, JJ, Pope, and Kie all headed back to the chateau. John B had told me and the boys that he was going to get Sarah to bring her back and reintroduce her to Kie. I was just about to pop some popcorn for the occasion when they arrived.

"No effing way. You brought her here? So what, she's in on this now?" Kie asks. Me and JJ were sitting in our chair on the back porch with the rest of the crew. Let's be honest, we all knew this was gonna happen.

John B looks at me, Pope, and JJ for help. Pope shrugs. "Look, all I care about, is her cut comes out of your share" JJ points at the two, using the arm he had around my waist. I nod in agreement. "You know I don't remember taking a vote, this is our thing, a pogue thing" Kie says.

"I gotta say I'm just a tad uncomfortable with all this" Pope says. "When are you not uncomfortable?" Me and John B ask. "Well I don't know I rode here on the back of JJ's bike pretty comfortably" Pope blurts out. "It's true, most relaxed I've ever seen him" JJ confirms.

"I ship it" I mumble. "Nah, I'm loyal to only you baby" JJ says, patting my back. "That's cute guys" John B mumbles, looking away from the three of us. "You know we were all pretty comfortable until you brought her" Kie looks over at Sarah. "Stop talking about me like I'm not here" She replies.

"Then leave" Kie states. "I told you" Sarah looks at John B. "Told him what exactly?" Kie asks. "Yeah you know that popcorn I was gonna make earlier? Imma go do that" I say, starting to get up. JJ pulls me back onto his lap, preventing me from going anywhere.

"That you're a liar?" Kie ignores us, more focused on her enemy than ever. "Not that you're a shit talking bitch" Sarah spits back. Kie was right, she's like a spitting cobra. "Oh sh-" Pope says. Me and JJ both hand ten dollars to Pope.

Did I mention that we made a bet earlier? Well we did, me and JJ both bet on Kie while Pope bet on Sarah. Everyone started to talk and John B had had enough.

"Everybody shut up!" He yells. The room went quiet. You could hear crickets, literally. "Kie, you are my best friend right?" He asks. She shrugs. "And Sarah you're... you're my..." He doesn't dare to say it. "Say it" she mumbles. "You're my girlfriend"

"Awe my brother has a girlfriend congratulations buddy" I clap and a smile. "That's new" Pope states. "She's your girlfriend now?" Kie asks. "What was all that talk about you were just using her for information? Get a map, cut her loose?" She adds.
Oh shit.

______________

A/N

First official day of my summer!
Today has been amazing with all the content we've received! Can't wait for OBX2
Not sure which day I'll be updating again, but it will be soon!