Forty four

"Oh wait I almost forgot" he reaches over to flip one of the switches. "Disco mode, that's right baby" he leans back into the waterfall, champagne bottle still in his hand.

"Are you kidding me?" I ask. He gives me a confused look. "I thought you'd like it?" He asks. "You could have payed for restitution!" I yell. "Ok well you know what?! I didn't do that!" He yells, standing up to reveal bruises plastered all over his torso.

I couldn't take my eyes off it. "I got a hot tub! For my friends, I got a hot tub for my friends" he sounded so broken, tears welling up in my eyes from the sight. "No you know what? Screw friends! I got a hot tub for my family! Hell, I got a hot tub for you Elizabeth! My girlfriend! Oh wait, you told me you never wanted to see me again" he yells.

"JJ you know I didn't mean that..." I say. "Look what I did for you! Look at this" he gestures to all the lights surrounding us. "JJ" I start to cry. "Stop being emotional, it's fine! Ok?" He gives me the fakest smile I've ever seen before looking down at the water, holding back his tears.

"I mean it's sweet, right?" He gives me yet another fake smile. Before I can even think about what I'm doing, I climb over the side of the hot tub. I immediately pull him into a hug. We both start to cry. He pulls me as close as he can, crying into my shoulder.

I thought of the time we shared in his bedroom, before all this happened. That one morning I climbed through his window and scared the shit out of him. That morning he broke down for the same reasons. The morning we shared our first kiss.

"I just couldn't do it" he cries. "I can't take him anymore! I was gonna kill him!" He adds. "I just wanna do the right thing" he cries. "I know JJ, I know" I hold him close. "All those words i said earlier, I didn't mean it" he states.

"Me either" I reply. "Please don't leave me, you're the only person I have left" he cries. "I won't, I promise JJ" I say. "I love you" I add. "I love you more, my Beverly" he replies. I smile at the fact he still remembers our code names from midsummers.

After at least 5 minutes, we pull away from the hug. We look into each other's eyes, I had to look up at him since he was taller than me. Everything around us just stopped, it was like we were the only two people left in the world. He pulls me in for a long passionate kiss. It hadn't even been a day but I didn't even realize how much I'd missed him.

Before I knew it, he placed his hands beneath my thighs asking me to jump. We never broke the kiss as it only grew deeper. I wrapped my arms around his neck before he sat down leaning against the waterfall again. He didn't want me to, but I pulled away.
"J, you're wasted" I say with a smile. We were both completely out of breath from the kiss. "I don't care, you're the only good left in my life and I want you darling" he says, pulling me back into the kiss as our faces were only inches apart.

And that's exactly what happened, we wanted each other. Actually, we needed each other. We spent the night getting as close as we possibly could if you know what I mean. That was the night he started calling me darling, which he probably got after googling 'how to make up with your girlfriend' and yes, he actually googled that, I saw his search history.

The next morning, we both rolled out of my bed and got ready for the day. Kie and Pope were already outside. JJ walked out the back door with his arm around me. "I see you two made up" she says. "Yeah, we're all good now" JJ replies, smirking as he saw I was struggling to walk. Thankfully the group didn't notice.

JJ sits on the corner of the hot tub drinking a beer while I sit on the edge dangling my feet in the water. We sit there patiently waiting for John B to come back, so we can finally get this gold we wasted our summer trying to find.

"John B pullin a Houdini" JJ says. "Yeah where is he? I got my scholarship interview tomorrow morning, we gotta get this done" Pope states. "Probably off with Sarah somewhere" I shrug. Just then John B storms into the yard.

"Speaking of the devil" JJ says. "Hey what's up?" I ask. He doesn't answer. "Hey me and Liz set up the entire winch to pull out the gold and everything" JJ says.

"No they did not, I did that" Pope corrects him. After they left the chateau last night, Kie and Pope went to the Crain estate to set everything up.

John B completely ignores all of us and storms into the back porch. I immediately hop out to follow him. "Uh what's that all about?" Pope asks from behind me. "I was gonna ask you the same question" JJ replies.

I walk in to see John B filing through junk on the table. "JB? You alright?" I ask. "What's up?" Pope asks. "What are you look for?" Kie asks. "Bro what's going on man?" JJ asks. There were so many questions.

He lifted the mattress on the futon to reveal a gun. "Jesus Christ I slept on that thing! Put it down!" I tell him. "John B what do you need the gun for man?" JJ gets up close to him. Bad idea on his end.

"John B talk to us!" JJ yells. He shoves JJ onto the mattress before storming away, gun still in his hand. Pope tries to block him but he's shoved into the table.

"John B what the fuck!" I chase after him. He hops onto the dirt bike that was parked in the front yard, revving the engine a few times. "John B talk to me!"
I yell.

"Ward knows about the gold!" He yells. "He killed dad" John B looks back at me as he says it. He then takes off going god knows where.

I stood there frozen, feeling as if I couldn't move. I couldn't breathe I was in shock. It's one of the stages of grief isn't it? I couldn't even find the tears to cry. The rest of the group stood shocked for a second, before coming over to comfort me.

Finally, the waterworks came. JJ quickly came over and pulled me close. I guess we sorta switched roles, since I was the one comforting him last night. "It'll be ok baby" he whispers as I cry into my shoulder. He wraps his arms around me and the rest of the pogues rub my back some, trying to show their sympathy.

"Of course it was Ward. Ward fucking Cameron! He killed my dad over a dollar sign!" I cry. They all continue to crowd around me, trying to comfort me as best as they can. Most people would want space during a time like this, but all I wanted was to be with the ones I love most

_______________

A/N

Already halfway through episode eight, I swear I'm going to cry when I finish the season one part of this book

Anyways, hope you enjoyed and see ya soon :)