Forty three

They started to talk about the gold. How could they be talking about the gold after what just went down? JJ most likely went home, he was most likely with his dad. I couldn't just sit there and do nothing. I couldn't, but I had too.

John B told us that he was going fishing with Ward tomorrow morning. I thought it was weird that he didn't ask me to go too, but maybe it was just a guy thing.

John B and Sarah had offered to give me a ride back to the chateau, which I gladly excepted. It had been so long since I've been home, I mean actually home, not with the Camerons.

"So welcome to the pogue life, is it everything you've ever dreamed of?" John B asks Sarah. "And more" she replies in a flirty way. "Oooo" John B smiles at her. I roll my eyes. "Get a room" I say with a laugh.
Suddenly we hear the beeping of a horn behind us.

"Oh shit" I say, looking out the side of the van. It was none other than Rafe Cameron on his dirt bike. "That's Rafe" Sarah says. He signals for John B to pull over, but he doesn't. Rafe swerves in front of the van making us come to a stop.

John B goes to open the door. "No no no John B, let me and Sarah handle him" I say, opening the back door. I jump out and Sarah follows me. "What the hell is wrong with you?!" She yells. "Rafe I really don't feel like dealing with your shit today!" I add.

"There they are! Little miss perfect and the pogue princess!" He yells back. "Hello? Are you high?!" Sarah asks, pulling her brother away from the van. "I just heard about your little home invasion" He says to the both of us. "What are you talking about?" I ask.

"What would your dad say if he knew you were robbing drug dealers?" He replies. "Well maybe you could tell him if he didn't kick you out" Sarah stands up for me. "I'm trying to take care of my little sister and my girlfriend, who are both ungrateful as always" he says.

"That's a lie" Sarah shakes her head. "When are you gonna stop acting like you own me? I dumped you, get over it" I add. "The guy you stole from is a bad man, you stole from him! What do you think he's gonna do to you guys?!" He yells. "I can protect you, Liz! You don't have to get in trouble!" He adds. "You know what Rafe? I'm done with your shit. Fuck off, I don't need your protection" I say, walking over towards his bike.

The idiot had left his keys in it. I started the bike up and sped away, leaving a trail of dust. "Elizabeth what the fuck!" He yells after me. I don't even bother to turn around.

I go back to the chateau, my original destination. I turn off the bike and head inside. Everything was the same as we left it. I walk to my room for my nose to be filled with JJ's scent. He's definitely been here recently, the smell was still fresh. I look at my bed to see a picture of us, next to an empty beer can. The thing was crumpled.

If he's been here recently, it was definitely after what went down this afternoon. The bed was messy, most definitely not how I left it. Has he been sleeping here? Knowing him, most likely.

After about an hour, I got a call from Kie and Pope. They had asked if I wanted to help them gather equipment for the gold, which I told them I would. We didn't arrive back to the chateau until later that night.

"Thanks for the help Liz! See you tomorrow!" Kie says when I hop out of the truck. "See ya" I wave as they pull out of the driveway. I start to walk towards the front door to let myself in when a whole bunch of lights turn on around me. "What the hell?" I mumble, walking towards into the backyard.

I see JJ completely wasted in a hot tub

"JJ? What the hell?" I ask. "I got a jet going straight in my butt right now, you should get in immediately, you hear me?" he laughs and grabs one of the Champagne glasses that was floating around in the pool. He pours himself a glass.

"Solute!" He yells, lifting the glass in the air before downing it. He then drinks from the bottle. "JJ..." I frown. I was worried about him. "Oh, look in the bag beside the hot tub. I got you something" he smirks at me.

I pick up the gift bag that was stuffed with tissue paper. On the front it read 'for Liz'. I opened it to reveal the blue dress we had looked at in the window display only this morning. "I-" he cuts me off. "I told you it would look good on you" he smirks once again.

"How much did all this cost?" I ask, setting the bag on the ground. "Uhhh well, with the generator and oh hey, express delivery... pretty much all of it" he points to each item as he names them.

My eyes widen. "All of it?" I ask in shock. "Yeah, all of it" he replies. "You spent all that within a matter of hours?" I ask. "Yeah, burned a whole right through my pocket" he repeats. "But I mean come on like, look at this" he smiles as he looks around us.

I give him a surprised look. "Liz, what? Can't a man have a little luxury in life?" He asks. "Come on, all this scrimping and scraping... I mean like, you only live once right? Enough of this emotional shit, get in the cats ass" I could tell he was holding back tears as he said it.

"In the what?" I ask in a low voice. "The cats ass... that's what I named her" he smirks.

_____________

A/N

Gotta love the hot tub scene :(

Next update will be Tuesday or Wednesday! I'm going away for a few days without any internet connection, but I'll see y'all soon :)