Forty six

John B drives us to the runway, while JJ rambles about the gold and loads his gun. We finally get there and park away from the runway, behind the fence so we wouldn't be seen.

We all get out and run towards the gate. "What's the plan?!" Kie asks. "I don't think we got that far" John B replies. We all lean up against the fence, looking out at the private jet. Pope has the binoculars.

"They're loading up the gold" He says. John B snatches the binoculars from his hand. "There's Ward" he says, referring to the Range Rover pulling up next to it.

John B removes the binoculars in shock. "What?" I ask. "What?" Kie repeats a little louder. "It's Sarah" he mumbles back. "She's with him?" Pope asks.
"Wait... oh he's hurting her" John B says. "We gotta do something" I say. "It's too dangerous" JJ looks me in the eye. I don't respond. "They're fighting" John B says before running back to the van.

"John B don't!" I yell. "Bro what are you doing?" Pope asks. The van starts up and we all run back towards it. "Hey no no no!" We all yell at different times. He steps on the gas.

I was standing in the way but JJ quickly ran to me, tackling me onto the ground just in time before the van covered where I had been standing. Kie and Pope were still yelling at him as he ran straight into the gate. "Holy shit" I say, quickly standing up and trying to chase after John B. "Liz don't!" JJ yelled after me.

I slowed down to stand and watch as the van was way ahead of me. John B had just made the stupidest mistake of his life, but he did it for his girlfriend. Everything that happened after that was for Sarah. He truly loved her.

"John B what are you doing!" JJ yells chasing after him. He stops when he reaches me, along with the rest of the group. The plane starts to move. John B was pushing the van to it's limits, moving right up next to it. He pulls the emergency brake, turning the van right into the plane's path.

"John B!" I yell, starting to run towards them. Not that I was ever going to make it in time, but I couldn't stand to see my brother get himself killed. JJ grabs my waist, stopping me from going any further. "Let go of me!" I yell, kicking and screaming. I finally calm down when the plane stops within three feet of the van.

John B jumps out of the front. "Sarah!" He yells at the top of his lungs. "Sarah!" He repeats. Me and the pogues were all hugging each other, glad that John B was ok when we suddenly heard police sirens. We all looked at the runway in confusion. "Guys I can't get arrested" Pope says. "I'm on probation" JJ states. "I'm still in trouble for running from DCS" I add.

"Look, we're no good if we're all in jail" Kie says. "Come on" we all start to run away from the scene, as much as it pained me to leave my brother. We ended up at an old junk yard.

We stood there and watched as the plane flew out over us. "There goes the gold" JJ says. "Damnit!" I yelled as I kicked one of the cardboard boxes. "Shit!" JJ said as he kicked a broken chair. "fuckkkkk!" Pope started throwing around random stuff in the back.

"Ohh" Kie says. We all watched Pope become more angry than me and JJ combined. "God damnit!" He yells as he takes a baseball bat to a bunch of different things. Poor JJ flinches from the noises. Now that I think about, those sounds were probably bringing back bad memories for him.

We all share a worried look for our friend. "Pope!" Kie yells as he throws a trash can. "Pope!" She yells again. He finally stops as takes a seat on an old bench. "I was wondering was this was gonna happen" JJ says as we both walk over towards him. He offers Pope the juul. "Here you go chief" JJ adds.

"JJ..." Kie gives him a 'seriously?' Look. "Relax Kie" JJ replies. Pope takes the juul from JJ's hands. I sit on one side of him, while JJ sits on the other. "Yeah what is that gonna help" Kie points to it. "Believe me, it does" I reply.

"I lost my scholarship, I walked out in the middle of the interview. It's gone, it's not gonna happen" Pope says holding back his tears. "You did that for us?" I ask. "No, not for us. For nothing" he replies. We all stand up. "I'm here for ya Pope, welcome to my world ok?" JJ slings his arm over Pope's shoulder and pats his chest.

"JJ..." I start. "What Liz? He's right, it doesn't matter anymore" He replies. Pope puts the juul to his mouth. "You don't have to do that" Kie says. "What do you care?" He replies. Suddenly John B pops up behind us. I sprinted over to my brother and pulled him into a hug. The rest of the group's eyes followed me as I ran to him, they soon followed me over. "Dude! Dude you good?!" JJ asks.

I look at his hands. "Holy shit who's blood is that?" I ask. "Is this yours?" JJ asks him, lifting John B's hand. He doesn't reply. "John B are you ok?" Kie asks. We suddenly hear police sirens, rushing to hide behind something so we wouldn't be seen.

Later that night we show up in Kie's car at the police station. "John B what are we doing here?" JJ asks. "Somebody's gotta tell them what happened" he replies. Pope had moved on from smoking a juul and now had a blunt in his hand. He was coughing uncontrollably as he wasn't used to it. "Easssyy there chief" JJ says, looking at him.

Me and JJ had taken the way back seats of the car while Pope and John B were in the middle seats and Kie was in the front. "Damn" JJ adds as Pope was still coughing. I smile. John B was lost staring into space. "Alright, I just gonna be real with you right now. You might end up in the lion's den, but you don't go there on purpose. It's fundamental, just like my old man always told me you should never ever trust cops no matter what the circumstance is" JJ says.

"Your old man's an abusive liar" Kie replies. "I'm with JJ, fuck the police" Pope says. "What are you going to the dark side now?" Kie asks. "When's the last time the police ever helped us?" Pope fires back. "Peterkin looked out for me, alright? She looked out for me and Liz, or tired to at least" John B looked around at everyone. The whole group was silent before he got out of the car, heading for the police station.

______________

A/N

Welp it's about to go down...

Sorry for not updating yesterday, I've had a small cold but I'm starting to feel better!

Anyways, hope you liked this chapter and have a great day/night :)