Chapter 47

Girl's POV:

I was sitting on the couch, crunching on some popcorn. I was watching the recently released Godzilla vs Kong, then suddenly the sound was abruptly muted. I was annoyed at first, but then my heart sank as a red bar crawled across my screen. 

"Breaking news!" The TV said, cutting to a new program. 

"What now.." I sighed out loud. 

"A large white-and-red dinosaur is rampaging through the state! This is not a drill, I repeat, this is not a drill! Hide somewhere safe and don't get out until we broadcast again!" A man frantically said. The camera switched to an overhead view of a neighborhood. Houses could be seen destroyed, and I caught a glimpse of a few bodies in the street.

I sat up suddenly, gasping. The sudden movement made my popcorn fling and land on the ground, the puffy little food going everywhere. "That's my neighborhood!" 

The ground suddenly shook under me. Thump.. thump. My heart pounded in my chest like a drum, which caused my breath to shake. I got up, almost slipping on the popcorn. I looked out my window, shaking with every step I took. 

The ground's shaking got more powerful. "Shit!" I screamed. I turned as soon as I saw debris coming from out of nowhere. I ran to the bathroom, the only place I could think of. Heart racing and brain stressed, I couldn't even think to close the door. I ducked behind a corner, breathing heavily. That was when the power cut off. I was now in the dark, and that was even worse considering it was night. The moon's light peeked through the small bathroom window. 

There was a loud sound, like something had been ripped apart. My house! A shaky growl pierced the air, which made my heart stop. I peeked around the corner and saw that my house had been ripped open slightly. The moon's light shone through just enough for me to see the popcorn on the floor of the living room. Suddenly, a giant foot crashed through the ceiling and crushed the popcorn. The giant beast had burst through, then brought its great snout down to sniff at the food. Please go away! 

The large white dinosaur lifted its head, its tail waving in the dark. Suddenly, it roared loudly and ran fast, away from my house. I couldn't help but breath a sigh of relief. I could still hear its booming footsteps, but I was just glad it was out of my house. A shadow suddenly covered my body. I was shrouded in darkness now, and I slowly lifted my eyes to the bathroom window. The moonlight was gone. My heart pounded even harder. That thing hadn't left. I quickly turned from the corner and almost slipped on the bathroom floor trying to run.

The wall burst open behind me, and the giant white dinosaur roared in anger, its jaws hanging open and ready to scoop me up to kill me. I fell as a piece of debris struck me in the leg, and I caught a glimpse of bright red. The ceiling above suddenly groaned, about to collapse. The shower's glass had leaped out and landed on me. I was on the floor, already accepting my fate. I turned my head, seeing the large dinosaur standing above me, its eyes focused on me. I thought I must've been seeing things when its lips suddenly curled into a smile. 

"Fire!" A voice yelled.

The large beast roared in pain as bullets suddenly hit its side. It screamed and turned its tail almost taking out a chunk of the wall. It ran away quickly, bullets still chasing it. The stomping of the creature's feet faded into the distance, and the darkness wouldn't allow me to see it anymore.

A man dressed in an army uniform ran into my house, gasping. "Ma'am, are you ok?" He asked.

My back and legs were covered in scratches and cuts from the glass, as well as my hands. A sharp piece of metal was dug into my leg, and blood was all on my bathroom floor. "No.." I breathed. "It hurts."

"I'll take you to a hospital now, you're going to be fine," the man soothed. He turned as more men suddenly appeared. "Alert the EMS, get them over here!" He ordered.

Maybe I wasn't going to die after all...

Blue's POV:

I had just woken up from a nightmare, one where that giant white hybrid dinosaur killed me in a brutal way. I shook my head, blinking my eyes. 

"Ah, you're awake," Mud croaked. "Owen was going to take us somewhere..." 

"Oh, where?" 

"Not sure," Mud said. Suddenly, he dipped his head. "I miss Algae," he sighed, his eyes closing.

I placed my talons on his shoulder. "I do too. But it's going to be ok, Mud."

"I want to get revenge on that hybrid," Mud growled, lips curling back into a snarl. 

"I do too," I spoke, turning away. We both sat in silence for a minute, then the door opened and Owen stepped into our large containment area. He whistled to us and we immediately leaped up and ran to him.

"You two, I'm happy to say that we're going somewhere," Owen said, smiling. He turned and began walking to his car. "I have a surprise waiting for you."

Mud turned to me, eyes bright. "What do you think the surprise is going to be?" He questioned.

"I'm not sure," I sighed. Maybe he's going to give us some good food.

Owen opened the doors for us and we hopped in. He got in the driver's seat and started up the car. As we started going down the road, my head turned towards the window and I looked outside, watching as we flew past other cars and patches of green. The green reminded me of Algae.

965 words

Sorry for not updating in like.. 3 months. Every time I want to work on this story, my mind goes blank, but I finally managed to type something. Hopefully this chapter doesn't disappoint.