Chapter 41

Ebony's POV:

A thundering crash rained down on us, and a loud roar echoed around the burning forest. Before I could even move, a heavy weight slammed into my side, making me stumble on the ground. Cilo was on top of me, his long claws digging into my sides. I could already feel blood welling around his talons, and I saw the dark red liquid sliding down my side and dripping onto the grass.

"We've been searching for you this entire time! Ready to die now?" Cilo growled. He then struck forward, his jaws widened as they aimed for my throat. 

I hissed in frustration and clamped my jaws around the arrogant dinosaur's head, sinking my teeth in as far as they'd go. He tried to pull himself away from me, but that only dragged my fangs across his face, causing him even more pain.

"Dammit! Get off!" Cilo yowled, a screech of agony escaping his jaws as he pulled free from my teeth. He grabbed his face, his palms instantly becoming soaked with blood. 

"Run away, bastard," I spat through gritted teeth, lashing my tail. The quills on the back of my neck stood up, twitching. I got up, standing to my full height. "I'm not afraid to kill you."

Cilo glanced up, no longer clutching his face with his bloody claws. The light of the fire showed me just how badly I had wounded him; tons of gashes ran down the side of his face, each one leaking dark red blood and spilling onto the already red and burnt grass.

"I may not be fully grown but," Cilo paused. "I can take you down now," he laughed. He lunged forward, his claws slashing my spine. I gasped with pain and turned to strike him, but he was quick on his feet and dodged. I spat in frustration. Where are Thistle and Feather? 

"Stupid pest!" A loud, booming voice echoed around the burning forward, and I heard the loud sound of footsteps as the ground began to vibrate under me. As two burning trees fell, I saw the tall, looming shape of Killer stomping on the ground and swatting the air. Rain slicked down his snow-white skin. I could see Feather gliding around him, a smirk on his face. Feather, run away, or you'll-

I was snapped from my pleading thoughts as Cilo slashed at my muzzle, his talons etching deep gashes into the flesh of my snout. I hissed with pain, stumbling backward as pain sliced through me, stinging my eyes. Cilo jumped on me, his large talons slashing at my chest.

"Just get off, you ugly parasite!" I screeched, throwing my talons at the flesh of his underbelly. Blood spewed from the gashes I caused, my face being washed with the sticky scarlet liquid. I shoved Cilo off of me, looking down at him as he lay on the grass, panting heavily as blood streamed from his stomach. Blood waded onto the grass, forming a pool of blood around the hybrid as his talons plucked at the grass.

I stood up, narrowing my eyes with hatred as I glared down at him. "I hope these will be your final breaths," I growled, lifting up my forepaw to examine my long, bloody talons. I flicked some of the dripping blood off. Then, I turned, seeing that Killer was charging at me suddenly.

"Damn," I grumbled, running as fast as my legs could go. My talons tore up the grass as I ran for my life. I was no match against Killer, not in this injured state. The gashes in my side hurt like hell, enabling my ability to run even faster. 

"Ebony!"  A voice yowled with panic.

Whoever that was, it sounded like Thistle. I turned, trying to see where the gray raptor was. Distracted, I didn't notice the large root in front of me. Screeching, I stumbled and fell, but before I could hit the ground, my ankle was grasped in large, powerful jaws. My jaws opened, a yowl of agony leaving my mouth as tons of sharp teeth sunk into the ankle. It felt as though my bone was being shattered. 

The ground got farther and farther from me as I was lifted into the air by my ankle, clasped in the jaws of Killer. 

"No! Ebony!" Thistle gasped. He ran towards the two of us, although I silently begged him not to, knowing Killer would kill him mercilessly. 

Killer then began to shake me violently in his jaws like I was a piece of prey. I opened my jaws once more as a scream of agony pierced through. The gashes in my leg tore further, sending a shock-wave of pain through my entire body. 

Then, suddenly, the pressure on my leg let up. I didn't expect myself to be falling 25 feet before hitting the ground with a loud thud, which knocked the breath from me. I lay there, gasping for air, as I lay frozen, the shock still settled all over me.

Sorry this chapter took so long! I was trying to make a piece of art for the next chapter, and I've just had writer's block ugh... I'm also trying to read Wings of Fire (just started), so I'm a bit busy.