Chapter 4

I woke up, seeing the baby indoraptor in my arms. It looked slightly bigger. Would it grow fast? I picked Ebony up in my arms and carried it to the kitchen. It woke up when I placed it on the counter. I grabbed some ham from the fridge and held a slice in front of Ebony. It snlatched it from my hand and gulped it down. It sat back on two legs and looked at me, as if begging for more food. I grabbed another slice of ham and gave it to the little eating machine. It gulped that down, then scrabbled to the sink.

I grabbed a bowl from the cabinet and held it under the faucet. I turned it on and let the bowl fill up, then I set it by Ebony. I watched it drink happily. It then jumped off the counter and made its way to the back door, scratching on it and making small sounds. I figured it had to go to the bathroom. I opened the door and watched it run out and saw it pee on a bush outside. The way it pissed seemed to look like it was a male. I honestly didn't care what gender it was, as long as it was friendly. He ran back to me and I closed the door. He jumped up into my arms. I then saw a cut in his arm. Dried blood was on its rough skin. This thing's skin was pretty tough, but that knife must've stabbed deep to make the wound bleed. I carried him to the bathroom and set him on the counter and grabbed a rag. I wet the rag and slowly put the rag down on the wound. I put my hand on his head to show that I didn't mean any harm. Ebony twitched, and realized I was trying to help him. He let out a joyful chirp and looked at me with trust and love in its eyes. Did I seem like a mother to it? Seems like we'd have a good relationship together....

I was resting in my bed but woke up to knocking on my door. Ebony was still alseep, its flanks slightly rising and falling. I got out of bed quietly, sighing slightly. Who was at the door this time?

"The Jurassic World Department," You heard that guy's voice from before.

You opened the door and saw that same guy who gave you the number to call if you found the egg.

"Why are you here again?" I asked, yawning.

"Well we've gone down the whole neighborhood just to check if anyone's seen sightings of a baby indoraptor," He explained.

"Wow, sounds tiring to do again," I joked. "But what if maybe the egg fell off somewhere else?" I asked. "I've never seen a baby indoraptor roaming around here," I lied.

"Well, we'll check again in a month, keep an eye out," He waved goodbye and left just like that. I sighed and closed the door. I didn't know how long I could keep hiding this secret.

Ebony's pov:

I woke up, feeling better than ever. I yawned and snapped my jaws shut. I actually liked and trusted this girl. She took good care of me and last night we saved each other. When I grew up, I knew I'd be strong. The girl wasn't in bed anymore, maybe she'd gone to go eat something. I got up and stretched and yawned once more, my tail swishing side to side. I jumped out of the bed and walked from the room, then stopped at the entrance. I saw her with the door opened and a guy was standing on the other side. I didn't like that smell that rolled off him. I felt a growl rising in my throat, then I listened to their voices.

"Well, we'll check again in a month, so keep an eye out," After a few seconds, she shut the door.

I was surprised to be smart enough to figure out what that sentence meant. Those evil people were looking for me! I heard that they'd tortured one of my kind, a male indoraptor like me. He'd killed the people that tortured him and tried to sell him. I hoped that this girl wouldn't ever let them take me.

"Ebony!" The girl gasped. "Why are you right here? You could've been caught by them!" She growled.

Ebony realized she was right. I could've gotten myself caught! I nuzzled against her arm to show affection and that mainly I trusted her. She rubbed under my chin and pat my head, then got up and got a slice of ham. I jumped up and gulped it down. I felt full now. I was pretty small; when she stood up, I only came up to her calves when I stood on two legs.