Chapter 19

--Killer's (the perfeft Indoraptor) POV--

A week had passed before they finally let me out of that stupid cage. It felt like I had spent decades in those cold steel bars. This space they put me in was a grassy area with a small pond of clear water and a few trees. A large wall of stone and concrete surrounded me though. As I walked through this open space, my scales felt warm. What was this? 

Looking up, I saw an orange ball in the sky. It was glowing brightly, and the more I looked at it, the more it hurt my red eyes. I glanced down, thinking for a moment, my large claws clicking on the grass. They... call that the sun.

Shaking out my scales, I walked to the shade of a tree, the ground rumbling as I walked. My tail drooped as I got in the shade, and in felt relaxed. Looking up, in noticed a glass widow at the top. Someone was there, watching me. 

I growled inwardly and stood to my full hieght, glaring at whoever was watching me. I noticed him smile as a rumbling noise and the blaring of an alarm echoed around my cage. I turned my head sharply and saw a door opening. I hestated, unsure if I should run towards it. Freedom

Suddenly, the ground trembled beneath my feet and I heard the sound of something giant walking. The ground seemed to tremble in fear every time this creature walked. Suddenly, out of the black abyss that the door had revealed, came a dinosaur. Its head was big, its skin a tree-bark color, its yellow eyes fixed on me as it came towards me. It had short arms and long, sharp teeth. 

I glared at the creature, realizing how hungry I was. I flexed my claws and licked my lips as this creature stalked closer. It was almost as if someone or something whispered in my ear, "Tyrannosaurus Rex...."

I then saw a laser point on the T-Rex. The thin red light created a pale red dot on the T-rex's thick skin. For some reason, I was instantly focused on this red dot. What made me look at it so hungrily?  Suddenly, an ear-splitting noise pierced the air. I screeched in pain and anger and lunged at the T-rex. Was is making that awful noise? 

The T-rex roared in anger and opened its jaws, clamping down hard on my head. Its teeth slightly pierced my thick skin, and I roared in anger, my arms lifting to slash at the beast's neck. My sharp talons pierced its skin and drew blood. I then slashed at the wound again, making the T-rex howl in pain. Blood spattered the green grass and I looked at the gashes I'd drawn.

The T-rex roared and backed away, panting already. But the fight didn't die down in its eyes as it stared at me. Blood spilled like liquid roses from the deep gashes in its neck, and I watched as it puddled on the ground, the sun reflecting on its shimmering red surface.

I lunged forward, and as the T-rex opened its jaws, I dove under it, my claws slashing at its belly. Blood spattered on my white face, staining my scales until I looked completely red. My hind claws kicked the T-rex's jaw and slashed open gashes in its skin. 

I then slithered out from under the T-rex's belly and watched as it stumbled and fell on the ground. It landed in the puddle of its blood, making blood splatter around it. I stalked towards the T-rex on all fours, my face and body drenched in blood. My talons clicked on the floor, eager to finish off the weak beast. I then lunged, my jaws clamping around the T-rex's throat. My claws scratched at its cheek, and my hind claws drew gashes in its shoulders.

 Suddenly, the T-rex swung its head, its jaws grasping my tail. I roared, but it was cut off as I slammed into the blood-stained ground. My talons dug into the grass, and as I was dragged along the ground, my claws tore up clumps of bloody grass strands. I roared and swung around, my claws slicing the T-rex's bloody snout. It finally let go, but tore out a chunk of flesh from my tail in the process. Blood sprayed the ground and stained the grass so much that you'd think it had always been red instead of green.

 I got up, my bloody tail drooping low on the ground. Looking up, I spotted the man, looking at us. He was smiling cruelly, his eyes filled with the excitement of such a cruel, bloody battle. I felt sick. He actually took pleasure in watching us battle. 

I glared at the T-rex and lunged forward, my talons sinking deeply into its throat. As it fell on the ground, blood streaming from its throat, I saw the fear and pain in its eyes. I saw my bloody reflection as it looked at me. But something told me to kill it. It felt as though something had wrapped around my body and had kept whispering over and over for me to kill it.

I then slashed the throat of the T-rex and backed away, my tail lashing. I watched in satisfaction as blood streamed from its throat. The blood was so dark that I thought it was black. It kept spilling and spilling endlessly like a waterfall. Blood pooled around the dying creature and formed somewhat of a dark red pond around it. The grass was stained with a dark red color and shimmered in the sunlight. The T-rex began to convulse and twitch, and then fell limp, its wide dull eyes staring mindlessly at the blue abyss above. 

I looked up and realized the man was gone. That ear-splitting noise had drive me so crazy. But I never questioned why. I was just left standing there, looking down at the corpse of the T-rex, looking down at the blood still streaming from its body, looking down at the blood shimmering in the sun as though it was rippling water in a forest. 

My white scaled body was stained with so much blood that anyone would mistake me for being a completely red dinosaur. The blood-red stripe blended in well. I crouched down and began to eat the bloodied corpse, my tail twitching behind me. I felt weird as I ate the T-rex. It felt as though someone was watching me.