Chapter 9

Could that Indoraptor by any chance be Ebony? I continued listening to the news.

"Some of our Dino Hunters found tracks from the back entrance of the facility leading to a forest. The creature may have taken shelter in a bush. If we follow the tracks," The reporter said, stopping.

The screen camera switched over to a 2nd reporter, who was in a forest. A trail snaked from the bushes in the near distance. There was a big lump by the trail, with three smaller lumps. There was also yellow police tape. "Yes, Ryan, if we follow the tracks, it comes over to an old forest trail. A family was murdered here by the Indoraptor. The kids' chests had been slashed open and the Dad's arm was chomped off. The mother's body was found in a bush three feet away from them. She had large claw marks across her face and a ripped out throat. There was also a dead bear here. The indoraptor must of been on a rampage," The reporter said.

My heart stopped. Did Ebony murder this family? If he ever found his way back to me, could I trust him? I was hoping Ebony would come back, but now, I'd realized how dangerous he was.

"Well, Jake, Viewers, I'm sorry you had to hear that," Ryan said, fixing his tie. "I say we bring a couple of police dogs into this situation. We could hunt down their scent," He pointed out.

The camera switched to another guy. "Yes, Ryan, thanks for the advice. We're going to bring dogs into this, after all, if we encouraged the Indoraptor, the dogs could injure it and we could shoot it," The guy laughed.

I growled slightly. What was so funny about ending a dinosaur's life so cruelly? I was hoping Ebony would make it back home. I wouldn't care if Ebony killed me or not. I just wanted to protect him.

Ebony's POV:

It's been a month since I'd escaped that forest. I was in a different place. A grassy field with no trees. I'd be seen here, but the grass was tall. People were still hunting for me. Seems like I'd need to find her house soon... I sighed slightly, sitting down, my belly growling. I parted my jaws to taste the warm air, then smelt a slight smell of... dog and human? I sat up, my claws flexing in the grass, tearing up clumps of wrinkled grass and dirt. Where... I chirped and closed my eyes, listening for my voice to bounce back, and it did. The echo came from not far away. I crouched in the grass, listening for any other sounds. When I closed my eyes, I heard the faint barking of the dog get closer and I heard its paws skidding over the rough ground. The grass rustled and a big brown dog with black on its face jumped out, its jaws gaping and showing sharp fangs. Hm, I thought, easy meal. I whipped around and clamped my jaws around its fluffy body and threw it aside, hissing. I stalked towards it, satisfaction crawling through my skin as I saw the fear in its eyes. It whimpered and whined as I got closer.

"Please," It whimpered, blood trickled through its thick fur.

"Why would you attack me?" I hissed. Before he could answer, a felt a sharp pain in my side. I whipped around and saw a human with a knife. He'd jabbed it into my side, yelling at me. "Get away from him!" It screamed.

I growled in annoyance. I then felt little teeth hook into my throat. Bastard! I whipped around and caught the dog by the throat, camping my jaws tight and throwing in into its owner. I reared and slammed my claws onto the ground, making the man lose his balance and tumbled backwards. I lunged at him, hooking my claws into his shoulders and shoving my snout in his face, my lips peeled back in a snarl. A small body leaped onto my back all of a sudden and I roared with pain. I heard the call and growl of a velociraptor. I shook off the raptor and heard a male's voice.

"Blue! Attack!"

I growled slightly as the blue raptor reared. She then lunged for my back. I reared and caught her light body in my jaws. She yowled in pain. Then I felt sharp, tiny objects hit my body from one side. The male human was shooting at me. I threw Blue at him. Her weight slammed into him, then she got back on her feet and peeled her lips back.