FORTY & THREE.

MALIYAH TIJJANI.
"Nah but all jokes aside, whoever's phone gets a notification first, they the ones paying the bill," Levi said, placing his phone in the middle of the table.

"And you cant place it on do not disturb or airplane mode or nothing," Cameron added.

"That's not fair! Some of us got businesses to run," I complained, setting my phone in the middle as well.

"Right, I can't let my clients think I'm ignoring them, I got bookings to uphold," Athena agreed in unison. She soon followed, and set her phone down next to mines.

"Sounds like a personal problem," Levi joked.

"Yea not gon lie, yall niggas tripping. My clients be needing me too," Elijah said, doing the same.

"Nigga they'll be alright if they don't get their gram right away," Cam joked.

"That ain't funny Cam, even the plug got a family to feed," Levi replied. Cam and Levi busted into laugher, and dabbed each other up from across the table.

Athena and I shook our heads and contained our laughter, and Elijah glared at them both.

"It's okay Elijah, they just mad they don't have anything going for themselves right now," I teased.

Levi's jaw dropped and placed his hand on his heart. Cameron turned his head towards me and raised his eyebrows. Athena erupted into laughter, and Elijah dabbed me up from across the table.

"Finally, I got a hustler on my team," Eli said.

"Oh it's like that?" Cameron asked, pretending to be offended.

"Yeah cause you got us fucked up," Athena chimed in.

"Baby you playing a vindictive game right now," Cameron said.

"Maliyah I think you gotta get a boyfriend to show your nigga you not playing," Athena joked.

"Oh she gon get a boyfriend alright," Levi mumbled. "Bruh yall packed for Monday?"

Shit.

Everybody nodded their heads except for me.

I forgot the gang planned a trip to Cabo San Lucas for Spring Break.

Two weeks ago, we all sent our money to Faevi, and she bought all of our tickets so we could be on the same flight and be seated together.

I've been so busy with Tijjani-Ryad and school that I completely forgot. I could pack last minute.

"Don't tell me you forgot Maliyah," Athena groaned.

I laughed and shook my head yes.

"Bro we been talking about it in the group chat for weeks now... how-" Levi said.

"Shawty got short-term, don't do too much nigga," Cameron cut him off, which made the table laugh.

Everybody except Faevi was here, whom I missed terribly. It felt like a piece of me was missing whenever she wasn't around. It would be the same if Athena wasn't here, and vice versa.

Faevi said she was feeling sick and couldn't come.

Faevi never got sick.

She said she'll be better by Monday, which was the start of Spring Break.

In all honesty, her messages have been dry lately too, and things felt different between us these past two days. I didn't know if I had done something, but it felt like she was avoiding me.