TWELVE.

THE FOLLOWING CHAPTER CONTAINS SCENES THAT SOME READERS MAY FIND DISTURBING TO READ AND/OR MAY NOT BE SUITABLE TO SENSITIVE AUDIENCES, INCLUDING GRAPHIC DECEPTIONS OF SUICIDE, RAPE AND SEXUAL ASSAULT. READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

CAMERON OWENS.

The gang and I were playing pool volleyball, and the losers had to skinny dip at sunrise.

It was Elijah, Faevi, and I versus Levi, Naomi, and some other nigga whom we just met tonight. He was cool.

We were tied 2-2, and the game ended with whoever got 5 points first. I haven't had this much fun in months, and pool parties were ten times more fun than kickbacks that got shot up after two hours.

Levi smacked the ball out of bounds, and as I swam over to retrieve it, I noticed Maliyah, cuddled up with some light skin nigga.

Maliyah was a pimp, not gon' lie. I saw her cuddled up with that same prince of Dubai ass nigga from the dinner, but he was now nowhere to be seen, and Maliyah was with this great value Chris Brown.

In all honesty, my feelings were a little hurt. I thought after that scene with Mama, Maliyah would at least acknowledge me and make conversation. But she didn't.

The volleyball landed near them, and as I got closer, the scene looked suspicious. I didn't want to intervene because it wasn't my business, but I saw her face.

Her eyes were filled with fear and the light skin dude looked like he was enjoying himself. I couldn't hear them over the music, but it definitely didn't look right.

"Aye hold up yall," I said, tossing the ball back to Elijah.

I diverted my attention near them and swam towards the bar. The dude and her back were to me, and I saw three other niggas sitting down, drinking a beer, laughing.

They saw me coming and their smiles fell.

"Maliyah you good?" I asked. The dude turned around and so did she, and she looked distraught.

"Do we got a problem?" the dude asked.

"I don't know bro... do we? I don't think she enjoying herself," I responded. That entire area smelt like alcohol.

"Mind your fucking business bro," he said, tightening his grip around Maliyah. She winced, and it hurt me seeing her like this. She wasn't feisty anymore and looked dead inside.

"Who the fuck are you bruh?"

"I'm Jaden nigga, who the fuck are you?"

Oh okay. I recalled back to that day when I had her phone. This the nigga who called her twenty million times. But isn't her man.

"Bro you're drunk, let her go. Look at yourself." I chuckled.

"I don't know what you laughing at potna" he said.

"You right fool. The situation not funny, but it will be once I lay you the fuck out nigga." I replied. Maliyah's eyes grew wide.

"Cameron don't..." she pleaded.

His three friends place their drinks on the counter and take a step towards me.

"This dude thinks he captain save-a-hoe." one of em said. He looked like a Brayden. We gon name this dude Brayden.

"Bro you're white, a person of no color, don't address me," I stated. He shut up.

I began to blackout. They had me fucked up.

The next thing I knew, I threw an upper-cut to Jaden's jaw. He released Maliyah and tried to swing back, but he was too drunk to function. "Brayden" took another step towards me and was about to swing, but Levi laid him cleanout. The other two dudes took a step towards me, and Elijah told them to watch himself.