FIFTY & SEVEN.

FIVE YEARS LATER.
CAMERON OWENS.

"How are you and Trey doing?" I asked Levi over the phone

Levi been in a eight month relationship with a nigga named Trey. This the longest I ever seen Levi stick with one person.

I'm proud of this man for settling down with somebody who makes him happy.

"We doing good, I met his parents this past weekend," Levi answered.

"Oh shit. Bro how did that go?"

"It was better than expected... I kind of felt bad cause I know he wont get to meet my parents in exchange. I haven't spoken to them in five years, and I know they have zero interest in meeting my boyfriend," he explained.

Bro Christianity and other religions be so hypocritical. 

Shit not cool.

"Yea I feel you. Bro I hate that unsupportive shit. They gon regret all that shit one day,"

"On my life. Ayo Imma hit you up later bro, I got a consultation to head to," he said.

"Ight bro I gotta go too, I got an appointment as well. I love you," I said in response.

"You one gay ass nigga bruh," he teased ironically.

"Look who's talking," I snickered.

"You being homophobic right now bruh? I'll get yo goofy ass cancelled so fast, you can say goodbye to the A.F.A Foundation, allat shit," he joked.

"Bro please have mercy upon my soul, I got a child to feed," I said sarcastically.

"Yea ight I'll let you make it this time," he said, hanging up the phone. I laughed and placed my phone in the pocket of my jeans.

I checked my watch, and noticed it was time to go home. I placed my laptop in my briefcase, and gently rubbed the photograph of Maliyah which was framed on my desk. It was a photo of her on  Tijjani-Ryad's opening night several years ago, looking radiant and smiling.

"I'll love you forever baby," I whispered, smiling as well.

I kissed my fingers and touched her face before grabbing my keys and exiting the office.

I began walking down the hallway of the administration department and signaled every single one of my associates that I was leaving.

They nodded or waved in return.

I then passed by the recreational center, seeing the Trojan Horses, my little league basketball team, practice. There were teams ranging from ages 5-17, and right now the middle schoolers were on the court.

Marcus, who I let co-coach the team while he's in college, began to jog towards me, indicating he had something to say.

"Wassup lil bro?" I asked.