Chapter 3

Disclaimer all characters (except for Katie and Eli) belong to either Marvel or Shannon Messenger. Also please do not steal Katie I made her myself.

Katie's POV

So here I am walking in the park 6 months after my life turned upside down, after my parents went to jail whom I know aren't really my parents and I learned I was half elf, half human. I am now 12 years old today is my birthday, did I forget to mention my parents went to jail on New Years? That doesn't matter now because I now have my friends, Sophie, Fitz, Biana, Dex, Keefe, Linh, Marella, and Tam. Honestly I'm closest with Sophie, Biana, Linh and Tam but all my friends are amazing. In just 6 months I had already gone to war with my friends against the Neverseen along with some people from the Black Swan and help from the stupid Council. The Council is stupid. They are annoying to no end and there is no greater pleasure to me than annoy them by telling them I don't really have to follow their rules since I'm actually half human and don't live in the Lost Cities. Im supposed to at least sleep at Evergreen with Alden, Della, Fitz, and Biana but I typically ignore the Council and live full time here with the humans because it's my home. I actually have my own Elvin house and it's beautiful. It's in between mountains and has the most fluffy snow and all year long trees with golden red leaves. I just don't go there too often because I don't have a use for it. It feels too posh. After the state sent Eli to one of my aunt's and uncle's I ran, I went to the Lost Cities and trained with the Black Swan to hone my powers. That's when I met Sophie and her friends, we all became close and so I helped them fight in the war. I do this every day walk or run in the park while thinking about my life. I was walking around thinking about my friends and what we all went through during the war. I saw my friends get hurt and fight for their lives, we got some help from the Norse gods and Asgardians thanks to Thor the god of lightning who lives here on Earth sometimes, he joined a team called the Avengers. I stopped walking and I just stood there so deep in thought.

FLASHBACK

The war took a toll on everybody, during the process of the war some of our minds broke. Sophie healed them but just knowing it happened is devastating. Then in the final battle where we wiped all the Neverseen members out Sophie's, Fitz's, Marella's, Keefe's, Dex's,  Linh's, Tam's, Wylie's, and Biana's minds broke. We were so close we had just slain Lady Gisela and Fintan, they were now going into custody, the last standing members were finally defeated, but it was too much. They snapped, there was no one to help them now, Sophie was gone. I was enraged, me being half human my mind wasn't as delicate as the elves so I was still standing, the last of my friends. Yet I didn't see red I fell to my knees and entered this state, a state where all I saw was bliss and my friends joy, and hope. I was empowered my instincts knew what to do, I rose aware everybody was watching me. I didn't care, I stood and all that positive blissful energy shot out of me. Right into my broken minded friends. They glowed in the positive energy and all the sudden life rushed back into their eyes, I had healed them. It was amazing and just in that one moment I was at peace overjoyed to see my friends back but that didn't last long. I fell into a flashback not my normal kinds where I was deep in thought remembering things, the ones that were so horrible, and felt so real. The pain was real the sadness was real everything felt so real. I saw my friends crowding around me before I hit the floor and my eyes shut.

FLASHBACK WITHIN THE FLASHBACK

I was back in the torture room. When Lady Gisela and the Neverseen were still active and kicking they had captured me. Tortured for information, I couldn't let out it wasn't as bad for me since my parents had pretty much done the same thing. Yet it was horrible because I just wanted to leave, be with my friends, I could never let them down.

BACK TO FLASHBACK WITHOUT THE OTHER FLASHBACK

I could vaguely see my friends yelling at me, telling me to snap out of it. But I couldn't, I needed to be strong for them if I left who knows what could happen.  I saw Tiergan run over telling me things, reminding me it wasn't real. That's when I looked around, this was a dream it was all over, I could go home. My eyes snapped open and I looked around, my friends were healed. I had healed them.

That was the weird thing about my powers, they didn't really need to be triggered like Sophie's did. As soon as I was born I had my abilities as a Shade, Technopath, and a Polyglot but I got Inflictor later on. Maybe it had something to do with my human 'Family' as my abilities sometimes protected me from human parents when they beat me. Perhaps the Black Swan made me that way and chose an abusive family. I might never know because I don't want to find out. As I snapped back into reality out of my Flashback and Mini-Flashback and continued my walk I realized I was being followed by 7 people.

Edited