Chapter 5.

Shay's POV:
I woke up this morning with a killer headache and I tried to get up, but I couldn't. My arms were around my pillow. What is she doing here?

"Mariam!" I yelled and she immediately jumped up.

"What the hell are you doing in here?!" I yelled at her and she just looked at me.

"You asked me to stay here last night." She said and I shook my head.

"Did anything happen between us?" I asked and she shook her head no.

Ok. Thank god we don't need any babies around here anytime ever.

"Why did you drink last night?" She asked in a voice above a whisper.

"None of your business." I said before walking into the bathroom and slamming the door shut.

That was weird. One heck of a morning. She so different, but I don't care we have a contract between us anyway.

I took a quick shower before grabbing my phone and heading downstairs. Mariam had set the table and made some breakfast. It looked delicious as soon as she saw me, smiled at me and I ignored.

"I made breakfast for you." she said and smiled at me again.

"I don't eat breakfast and I'm going out." I said as I walked past her.

"You dad said he gave you a week off." She said quietly and that was it.

"Listen here." I said as I grabbed her arm.

"You will not get involved in my personal business and don't cross your limits." I said in disgust before walking out the house.

"Don't wait up." I said again before slamming the door.

I could have sworn I saw tears in her eyes, but guess who does not give a shit. Me. I know this is not how most couples act on their first day after the wedding. We are not a normal couple and we will never be.

I pulled out my phone as I started my car. "Hey Mindy, is that your name, I'm coming over in about 10 minutes." I said and I heard her giggle.

"Alright I will be waiting." She said and ended the call.

A couple minutes later I was at her house and I knocked on the door. She opened the door and let me in. Damn. She looks cute today.

"Did you dress up for me?" I asked her and she giggles again. I hate her giggle is just disgusting.

"Stop giggling!" I yelled at her and she was taken back by my yelling. She came and sat in my lap and she whispered I'm sorry in my ear.

What a slut, I thought to myself. She kissed my cheek and I was just not In the mood for her.

"I'm leaving." I said before walking to the door.

"Why is it because of my giggle, I'll stop." She asked and I shook my head before closing the door.
"It's your loss!" I heard her yell.

It felt so wrong. I should not have even come here. I drove back home and I went straight to my room. I really was not in the mood for anything. I got out some alcohol and I started drinking. Three large bottles later I was feeling dizzy so took off my shirt and I laid down on my bed.

"That's it!" I heard someone yell before barging in my room. Oh crap I forgot Mariam is here.

"What the fuck do you want?!" I yelled at her and she just walked closer to me.

She looked around and saw the empty bottles on the ground and then she looked at me.

"Why do you keep drinking?" She asked and I shook my head because I don't know to be honest.

"How long are you going to ignore me?" She asked again and I ignored her .

I pulled the covers over myself and I closed my eyes. She was so damn annoying.

"I want to give this marriage a chance." I heard her whisper and I ignored her again.

"Well I don't."I replied and she left quickly after that.

I know I'm the worst and I really don't want to give this a chance. I'm not a great husband and I never will be.

---Mariam's POV---
I sat back down in the living room and I just started crying. He does not want to even try to make this work.Then this morning he woke me up by yelling at me then he left to God knows where.

He came home and started drinking and I could not take it. He is such a butt. I prayed this morning to Allah hoping that things will become okay between us.

I honestly have feelings for him already. He is such a jerk but he is my jerk anyway. I decide to try again to talk to him so I go back to his room and he is asleep. I learned one thing about him and that's that he loves his sleep.

He needs his beauty sleep. He is fine and like everything a girl would want in a guy, but he lacks manners and respect. His mom called me today and asked how are we doing. I lied to her and said it was going great between us.
I never lied in my life.

I sat on the bed next to him and I moved his hair away from his eyes. He hates me so much and he won't open up to me. I got all dressed up after he left and he didn't even say anything. He is just determined to ruin everything between us.

I will not make it easy for him. I played with his hair before he yawned again and he moved away from me a little.

"You can take a nap if you want." he said and I nodded at him.

"In the living room." he said after a while and I nodded before leaving the room. He really hates me. I'm not giving up anytime soon. First, I have to do the exact opposite of what's on the contract. I will annoy him everyday until he realizes that I care about him.