Chapter 9.

Shay's POV:
"Mariam!" I said again as I walked closer to her. I still got no response.
I'm sorry." I whispered as I took a seat next to her bed.

Should I tell her dad? No, he will kill me. Should I tell my parents? No, they will kill me too. I'm screwed. I decide to call my friend Harry. He has been my friend since middle school and he has even a bigger ego than me.

"Hey, Harry?!" I say as he picks up.
"Hey bro how's life?" He asked and I frown.
"I'm at the hospital and can you come here for a second." I said and he freaked out.
"What's wrong man? Are you okay?" He asked and I replied.
"Sure I guess just get your butt down here!" I said as I hung up on him.

"Mariam..you have every right to be mad at me and I hope you forgive me." I said and she did not respond in any way. I grabbed her hand gently and flipped it over to reveal more bruises. I mentally slapped myself and then I was interrupted by a knock on the door. I fixed Mariam up before answering.

"Come in!" I said and the door opened revealing Harry.
"Hey man!" He said as he hugged me.
"Hey."I said as he released me.

"How's your wife man?" He asked as he took a seat next to me.
"She's okay I guess." I whispered and he patted my should to reassure me.

"I have been such an asshole to her and we went on a picnic and things got heated fast and then I left her there all alone." I said as he shook his head.

"We'll my bro, you never leave a lady alone and she's your freaking wife!You need to protect her and learn to accept her." he said and I nodded.

"Did anything happen to her?" He asked as he pointed to Mariam.
"Nothing much just bruises and marks." I said and he nodded.

"Someone was there to help before she was ..." I said and I couldn't finish my sentence.
"I understand man..It's okay!" He said as I buried my face in my hands.

"Yo man..If it makes you feel better your wife is so damn hot!" He said and I glared at him. He immediately shut up.
"Dude...She's my wife!" I said as I slapped the side of his head.
"I know, but if she wasn't I would have totally not let her loose." He said as he winked at me.

I laughed a little and then we heard a groan. "Mariam." I said as she sat up.
She rubbed her eyes and looked at me and then Harry. She immediately lowered her gaze and looked out the window.

"Mariam...you okay?" I asked her and she didn't reply.
"Hi, I'm harry and I will leave you guys alone sleeping beauty." he said as he left.
"Sorry about Harry, he is just being will...Harry." I said and she replied with such a harsh comment.
"Shut up and I don't care!" She said as tears were flowing from her eyes now.

"You don't mean that." I said as I stepped closer to her.
"Don't come closer please!" She yelled and I immediately took 2 steps back.
She took a deep breath after I stepped back. She relaxed a little bit.

"Why are you acting like you actually care about me?" She asked and I shook my head.
"Because you are my wife." I replied as she laughed, well a forced laugh.

"Oh any then why didn't you protect me when I was almost raped." she said as she started to cry.

She pulled her legs to her chest and she put her head in her hands. She started sobbing and each time it grew louder. I stepped forward to comfort her, but she yelled at me.

"Don't touch me!" She yelled and I didn't.
"Mariam...I am sorry for everything okay calm down...please." I said and she looked up at me with her red puffy eyes.

"Why would you what me after I was almost raped?" She asked and this time I stepped closer to her mad she did not freak out.

"I will always want you in my life Habebbti." I said and she smiled through her tears.
I guess I said it right if she smiled at me. My Arabic wasn't very fluent. It was okay I guess.