Chapter 35 part 1

Mar's POV:

I have never been so nervous about anything in my life. You guys won't understand until your married and have a husband of your own. He is not just my husband. He is my soulmate and my right hand. He is my parter and my best friend. No matter what happens between us, I might forgive him, but I won't forget.

He is supposed to be coming back around this time and his mom is already asleep. It's 2 on the morning and trust me I have tried to sleep, but I can't. I'm used to shaving him around me when I sleep. It brings me comfort and he makes me feel loved. Cristina has been helping me out all days me we even redecorated a little bit. She gave me tips about my pregnancy and for stem reason she wants to name the baby. I told her that I would think about.

Somewhere in between my thoughts I heard the door open. I immediately got up and ran to the door. It was only Ahmad and he looked exhausted.

"Where's Shay?" I asked as I looked behind him to make sure he wasn't there.

"He had things to take care of!" Ahmad mumbled as he scratched the back of his neck nervously.

"Seriously!" I said as I closed eyes and sighed.

"I'll be back tomorrow morning!" He said as he rubbed his eyes. He is really tired.

"It is morning already!" I joked and he chuckled.

"Tell you what you can sleep in until noon and then come here okay, don't rush and I'm sure your fiancé wants to see you!" I said and he nodded.

"Good night, madam!" He said as he bowed and left.

"Good night!" I whispered behind him. I saw that Greg was patrolling the gate with Diego, they go home at around eight in the morning and don't come back until ten in the evening. They switch shifts basically.

I closed the door and seconds later there was a knock again. I walked back with a huff and opened the door.

"Ahmad, did you forget any-" I began and then stopped when I noticed it wasn't Ahmad.

"Is that a way to greet your husband?" Shay joked and I didn't say anything except I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tight. I missed him teasing me.

"I missed you!" He said as he nuzzled his face into my neck and placed a quick kiss on the side of my neck.

"I missed you too." I said as I pulled away from him and kissed his cheek.

"How was your trip?" I asked him as we sat in the living room. He looked extremely exhausted, but I couldn't help but ask him about everything.

"It was okay!" He replied quickly and i noticed he hesitated. He was so lucky that I was really happy to see him or I would have snapped at him.

"So what happened there?" I asked him and he pulled me onto his lap.

"Nothing much, I have a meeting again next week, but is int be leaving. It's going to be downtown." He said as he kissed my cheek.

"Oh that's good. I'm glad everything worked out for you!" I said as I ran my hands through his hair.

"Where is mum?" He asked and I replied, "She is sleeping in the guest room, she was here for me the whole time you weren't."

"I know sweetheart, did you guys have fun without me?" He asked.

"We just had a mother in law and daughter in law day, I guess." I replied.

"You know I thought you guys would hit it off." He joked and I hit his arm gently.

"How's our baby?" He asked me as he put his hand on my stomach which is starting to show. It was barely showing but you could see a small bump.