Chapter 32 part 1.

Mariam's POV:

We are currently at my in-laws house and they are very excited to see their grandchild. They looked through the sonograms of our baby, which was very small might I add, Kristina was very thrilled. We went to the doctor earlier today and Diego tagged along. The doctor said everything looked good and we have to go at least once every two weeks to check on the baby.

"I can't wait to see my grandson!" Maher gushed as he looked at the picture in his hands.

"Do you mean our granddaughter?" Kristina said and she shot him a glare.

"Don't fight over our son!" Shay interrupted them and he chuckled silently before taking my hand in his.

"You mean our daughter?" I asked him and he smirked as he kissed my cheek. His parents looked at us and then they turned to look at each other. Kristina shrugged and handed me the picture of the baby.

"Honey, do you want to tell your father?" Shay asked me and I looked into his eyes. I really don't know.

"You don't have too, if you don't want to,love!" He said and I shrugged.

"I will think about it!" I said and he nodded.

"Shay, do you want to take a week off to relax. You have been working hard and you could help look after your wife. She has been very tired lately and I don't want anything happening to my grandchild!" My father in law exclaimed and when I was about to say that would not be necessary, Shay beat me to it.

"Yeah, I want to go out of town for a couple of days and just chill with Mar!" He said and then he turned to look at me.

"We should get going!" He said after about thirty minutes of talking about our baby.

"I guess so, Mar should rest!" Kristina said and I thanked her because I actually was feeling tired.

"We will visit soon!" Maher exclaimed as he put a hand on his wife's shoulder.

"Come anytime you guys would like!" I said as Shay opened the door of the car for me.

I got in and he closed the door carefully. He skipped to his side of the car and with a final wave to his parents, he got in. He closed his door with force and then he started the car. He seemed genially happy. I was so happy that he was excited about all these new changes in our life.

He started the car and we drove out of his parents driveway. I reached over and grabbed his free hand and then I tangled our fingers together. He turned to me with a look of shook. Yes, this time he didn't have to hold my hand.

"I love you, babe!" He said as he brought my hand to his lips, placing a kiss to it before tangling it with his again. He was being very affectionate lately.

"I love you,too!" I said as he continued driving.

"So...." I trailed off not knowing what to say.

"Your parents are so happy!" I exclaimed happily and he laughed.

"I know right, the last time I saw them this excited was a very long time ago!" He said and my mind wondered off to the day I found out I was pregnant.

"You know your adorable, right?" He asked me out of the blue and that brought me back to reality. I blushed and my cheeks heated up at his question.

"Um, I don't know about that." I whispered and he laughed next to me. He raised his eyebrows at my response.

"Sweetheart, your amazing and I love you so much don't ever forget that!" He said with a serious tone towards the end of his sentence. He was telling me he loved me a lot lately, not that I am complaining. It just freaks me out.