Chapter 6.

Shay's POV:

I woke up and I looked at my clock. It was 6 in the evening. Ugh. My head hurts and it was probably from the drinking.

"Mariam!" I yelled as I clutched my head in my hands.

"Yes." she said while standing next to the door. She looked terrified.

"Get some aspirin." I whispered and she left immediately.

This hurts like hell. I have never drinker this much in my life. It was all because of Mariam. Why does she have to be involved in my life? Why doesn't she leave, she knows I will never love her?!

"Here." She said as she walked close to me and sat next to me. She extended her hand near my mouth and I took the peels. She handed me the water and I took it. Her eyes were full of hurt and sadness. Why does she want to be here?

"Thanks." I whispered and she nodded.

"I'm going to make you something to eat, you have not eaten anything all day." She said and she turned to leave.

"Thanks Mariam." I said and she nodded before leaving.

At least the pain was dying down a little. She won't give up will she?! She came back in about 5 minutes later with a sandwich in her hand.

She walked over next to me and she handed me the plate. She did not take a seat or anything.

"Sit down." I said and she took a seat next to me.

I started eating and she just looked at me. It was delish. Probably the best sandwich ever. I guess she wants to know my opinion.

"It tastes really good." I said and she smiled at me.

I finished eating and I handed her the plate, she took it and placed it on the nightstand.

"Let's talk." I said and she nodded.

"Why do you not talk?" I asked and she looked at the ground.

"My dad hates when I talk and you said in the contract that you did not want me to talk." She said without making eye contact.

"Why does you dad treat you like shit?" I asked her and her eyes widened. A tear came out of her eye and she wiped it immediately.

"Tell me." I said and she nodded. More and more tears escaped her shiny brown eyes. I had the sudden urge to wipe them away, but I couldn't. She is pure and I'm not.

"My mom left us when I was 8 years old and my dad always blamed me for it, he started to abuse me and he would hit me for fun when he was drunk, he even burnt me once and my sister walked out on us about 3 years ago."
She said in between sobs and tears.

She was really hurt and she had the worst childhood. Maybe that's why she hates me drinking. I felt so sorry for her. I don't know what came over me when I pulled her in my arms.

I inched closer to her and hugged her. She was like a lost puppy in the wilderness and she was very fragile.

"I'm sorry." I whispered and she shook her head.

"It's not your fault." she whispered as she hugged me back.

"Will you ever abuse me?" She whispered and I shook my head no.

"Good, because I like you." she whispered and I released my arms from around her.

No this can't happen. She can't have feelings for me.

"No, You are not supposed to like me!" I yelled and she shook her head.

"But I do like you." she said as I opened the door to my room.

"Mariam you are pure and I'm not, I have slept with many women more than I can remember and I gamble and I drinks and we are like total opposites." I said as I grabbed her arm and I pushed her out the door.

"I don't care about your past Shay, jut let me in and we could make this work." she said as she pointed between us.

"I'm sorry, I can't let that happen." I said and slammed the door in her face.
I know I was harsh to her, but I can't let that happen.

"Shay, open the door please don't do this to me!" She yelled as she knocked on the door.

"I cant." I whispered.

"Your just like my father and you don't want me either!" she yelled again and then I heard footsteps fainting. Her voice cracked and she was probably crying her eyes out. It is for the best I reminded myself.

-Mariam's POV-

I can't believe that jerk. He made me cry 2 day In a row. I'm so stupid to confess my feelings for him.

Why did I tell him everything? I don't know. He is really easy to talk too. When he hugged me I felt the world stop. I immediately hugged him back, because without knew it probably meant nothing.

He is just like my father. They both don't want me. Ya allah, I just want to die. No one wants me. When he said he was not pure, I kind of expected that. I mean he is a rebel.

He probably is cheating on me anyway. Why would he want a girl that was abused and burnt? Why would he want a girl that was never loved? The Bruise on my face is enough to scare people away from me!

I promise that I will make him accept me. I don't care what I have to do. He will accept me.

I marched straight up to his room and I barged right in. My eyes were puffy and red and I probably look like a mess, but I don't care anymore.

"I'm not going to leave and I don't care if you don't accept me as your wife!" I yelled at him and you could tell he was surprised by my actions.

He sat up and just looked at me.

"Look Mariam stop and leave me alone before I do something that we will both regret." he said and I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Do it, you will not scare me away either." she said challenging me.

"Oh ya...stop being so stubborn." He said and I shook my head.

How am I being so confident? It felt good.

"I'm your wife and it's time for you to treat me like one." I said and he laughed.

Really? He's laughing at me. Tears were forming in my eyes, but I would not cry in front of him again.

"Okay." he said and I gasped.

"What do you mean okay?" I asked and he nodded before replying.

"I will try to accept you, but there are not guarantees." He said and I nodded.

It's worth a shot.

"We will start tomorrow." he said and I nodded again before walking out.

"Wait!" He yelled and walks back in.

What does he want now?

"You can sleep here tonight." he said and I nodded.

He is sober because of the medicine and he kept a distance between us. I hope he can accept me. I will do anything to make it work. I know I'm falling for him and it's happening fast. We have to get rid of the dumb contract next.