40

Camila's Pov
"You did it." Scott says as we see Mason finish, screwing the last gates.

"Of course we did." Mason replies.

Liam takes off Theo's chains and he drops them to the floor, Theo walks past him and to the tank in the corner. Scott and I, still holding hands, walk over to the tank. Theo flips on a switch, causing it to start up.

"This thing can transfer energy from a lightning bolt. Even successive strikes." Theo explains.

"Mason, are you sure this is going to work?" Scott asks.

"Well, whatever is inside this cage is blocked out from any outside electrical current. So a Ghost Rider won't be able to use lightning to escape." Mason explains.

"We put a lightning rod on the roof and connect it to that cable. Drawing the Ghost Rider to that spot." Corey says, coming up from behind us.

"And where the hell did you come from?" I ask, smiling as he comes and hugs me.

"Hey Cami." he says hugging me.

"Hey Corey." I hug him back before we part away and I slip my hand back into Scott's.

"We can't send him directly in because this neutralises electro magnetism, lightning would just bounce of it. Which is the same reason it'll hold him in." Mason explains.

"If the Ghost Rider lands here then how do we get him in the cage?" Scott asks.

"I suggest we push, shove and lock his ratty ass in there." I say, using my free hand to check my phone, to see if Melissa has messaged me.

"That's not a bad idea, I would say lure him in but your plan sounds good. Also my Mom will text you if anything happens." Scott whispers the last bit to me, squeezing my hand in reassurance.

I smile at him before I notice something behind him.

"Mila, what is it?" he asks.

I let go of Scott's hand and move past him, walking to the cage. I don't even realise the rest are following behind me.

"Is this a side door?" I ask them, looking at the cage before turning my head and seeing Theo right in front of me.

"Yeah." he says, looking between the cage and me, not realising how close he's standing to me right now.

I gulp at the closeness between the two of us before I speak up.

"I-uh.. does it work?" I ask him, fumbling through my words as I look up at him.

He nods his head, looking down at me and I look between him and the gate before walking right past him and to the others, seeing him rubbing his neck awkwardly as he follows after.

"We can have someone run in through the front, having the Ghost Rider following and once the Ghost Rider is inside we can run out of the side door and lock him in." I suggest.

"That's not bad." Mason says.

"Then we need someone as bait." Theo says.

"I can do it." I offer.

"No, not you." Scott and Theo say, causing me to look at them confused.

"What no, your still not healing. What if something bad happens?" Liam practically immediately declined in disagreement.

"Why thank you Liam. Your cute little
werepuppy ass just told practically the whole supernatural world that I'm useless." I say sarcastically as I sigh.

"Your not useless. I just don't want you risking your life so we can catch some silly Ghost Rider to save someone's life." Scott argues.

"That someone is Stiles, Scott. I know for a fact if you were in my position you would do the same. You said so yourself, if it meant we do anything to save Stiles then we'd do it. Besides you and Li can shut the doors fast enough." I explain.

"Okay I now hate this plan." Theo complains.

"Nice optimism." I roll my eyes as I turn to face Scott.

"Just promise you won't get hurt tonight." Scott whispers, taking a step closer to me.

"I promise Scotty." I nod my head at him.

He looks at me again before sighing.

"Fine, she can do it." he says.

"As soon as Camila is out, Scott and Liam will shut the gates and I will lay down a layer of mountain ash." Mason explains.

"I will take down the rod on the roof." Corey adds.

"And we'll be on the look out for any other Ghost Riders." Mason finishes.

"What do you think?" Liam asks Scott, looking at him in desperation for approval of the plan.

Scott looks between all of us before he begins to talk.

"I think that's it's the best plan we've got for now." he answers completely honestly.

"As long as everything goes perfect and he doesn't escape and kill us all." Theo adds.

Everyone sighs and turns their heads, glaring daggers at Theo.

"Again with the persistent positive input. Your doing too much Theo, maybe try and dim it down a bit." I sarcastically speak up.

"Let's do it!" Scott exclaims.

Mason walks over to the power box in the corner and switches the on button on. It turns the electricity on and boy is it powerful. So powerful that everyone jumps back slightly, in shock.

"Holy. Fucking. Shit." I gasp and Scott nudges me before he lets go of my hand and wraps his arm around my shoulders instead.

That's when we hear lightning strike in the sky above us and we all look up.