6

Sorrelstar's P.O.V

     I watched with horror as Maplepaw slumped to the ground. "Help her" I hissed urgently to Silverfeather.

     Silverfeather nodded darting over to Maplepaw's side and gently laid a paw on her neck.

     "She's fine" she murmured looking relieved. "Why did she faint?" I asked.

     Silverfeather sighed "when a cat says a prophecy that what happens" she said flicking her tail at Maplepaw's unconscious body.

     I nodded thinking I wonder what she means by " beware the cat?" Hmmm mabey it's the Squirrelclan warrior that killed Leafwhisker. I'll ask Maplepaw when she wakes up.I

     "Will you get some warriors to help me get Maplepaw to my den?" Silverfeather asked.

      " Of course " I purred forcefully. I slid out of my den yowling "let all cats old enough to catch their own prey join here beneath the highrock for a clan meeting."

     I waited impatiently for the clans to gather then announced " Silverfeather needs three warriors to help her get Maplepaw to the Medicine Cat den."

     Adderclaw, Palerain, and Timberfoot stepped forward "we'll help" Adderclaw meowed.

     I nodded "clan dismissed" I called. Then I led the three warriors to my den.

     "What happened to her?" Palerain in asked suspiciously. Silverfeather looked up answering "she fainted."

     Timberfoot nodded. *You can put her on my shoulders" he offered. " Don't let her fall" I warned.

     After a while of slipping and sliding the five cats finally got her to Silverfeather's den.

     "Thanks y'all" she purred. The three warriors just flicked their tails and padded out of the Medicine den.

     I shifted nervously "will she be all right?" I asked. Silverfeather huffed with annoyance " Sorrelstar" she said sternly "as your medicine cat I order you to get some sleep."

     I opened my mouth to argue but she cut me off " I will wake you if something happens or if she wakes up" she said calmly.

     Sighing with defeat I walked to my den. The last thing I thought before drifting off to sleep was please be all right my daughter please be all right