m a l i k a - o n e

The clock ticking in the office was the only thing that could be heard while I sat with a girl

The clock ticking in the office was the only thing that could be heard while I sat with a girl. She had attempted to steal clothes from my store. She was caught by the security though.

"I'm trying to give you a chance before I call the police on you." I said leaning on the table. I really wasn't going to call the police on another black person.

"You think I'm scared of the fucking police? I don't give a fuck. Call them. Nobody wanted those clothes forreal." she said rolling her eyes.

But you was about to steal them.. I thought.

"Then why were you stealing them?" I asked. "If you couldn't afford it I would have been able to help you out."

"Girl boo. These clothes too fucking expensive anyways."

I looked down at the Chanel purse that she had with her. I knew a real Chanel when I seen one and this was clearly a real one.

"That Chanel purse cost more than everything you had in your hand put together. I think you could have paid for it. Why are you trying to steal my stuff?" I was beyond annoyed at this point. It wasn't making sense to me.

I worked my ass off to keep this store open for my boss and helped promote this brand that is specifically for the people of color and here was one trying to steal from me. I didn't get it.

"Are you going to let me go or not?" she said huffing.

"No, I think I'm going to just call the police and let them handle this." I said grabbing my phone.

"Wow." she said sounding as if she was in disbelief. "A black woman is really going to call the police on another black woman knowing damn well this ain't gon' end well." she shook her head.

"Well, I'm glad you have a little fucking common sense. Ma'am, my right hand to God, I do not want to call the police on you. You're really not giving me a choice. I just want to know why you did what you did so I can let you go. I'll write this report on you so my boss knows why you're banned from the store. That's literally all I've been trying to do and you've been making this shit harder than it even has to be." I said getting a little frustrated with her at this point.

All she literally had to do was give me her name and the reason she was stealing and she could've been gone. She was doing this to herself.

"I was stealing because I liked the clothes, but, I don't have no money. I was gonna sell them to somebody else to get money for them." she sighed covering her face.

I made a face. "So, you were going to steal from your own color sister? That's how you got that Chanel?" I asked.

"Nah." she shook her head. "I actually bought this. See, I used to have money. I fucked with a scammer who ended up scamming my goofy ass." she laughed a little. "And I came here because I thought that I was gonna get away with it. But, here we are."

"Your first mistake was thinking that this establishment was sweet. We're not. Imma pray for you though. What's your name?" I asked writing down her statement.

"Iesha Coleman." she said and handed me her ID.

I confirmed that it was indeed her and wrote her name down pinning it on the wall next to a statement I had wrote a few days ago.

"Let's go." I said opening the door allowing her to walk out first. The security guard escorted her out the building and I went back to the back to let my boss know about everything.

I definitely didn't get paid enough for none of this shit. I rubbed my hands over my braids that desperately needed to be taken down and sighed. I was so sick of most of this shit and just wanted to be at home with my son.

I was glad that this all happened while it was closing time and there was no other customers in the store. I finished doing everything that I needed to do and closed the store up.

Just imagine, I had to come in and do all this shit all over again in the morning.
----
-y'all see what i'm dewwwinggg?
- how y'all liking the homegirl malikaaaa so far?
- comment vote and share for the biggest blessings💞
-still the non editing qween🫠