g r a c i e - t e n

Something about my baby shower being a surprise did not sit right with me

Something about my baby shower being a surprise did not sit right with me. It was basically like a gander reveal for me and Cam since everybody else knew what the baby was already.

The baby shower was happening later on today, so right now I was getting my hair done but this girl who was real good at frontals. I wanted to look real good for this baby shower even if I was crying. I was determined to look cute.

"How is it being pregnant?" she asked. She was a younger girl so I could understand her being curious.

"Honestly, for me it's been pretty easy. You hear all these horror stories about the morning sickness and things being uncomfortable but for me, it's not like that. Everyone is different though." I said and I could see that she was nodding through the mirror.

"You want kids?" I asked.

"Yes. I mean not right now. I'm only 20. I'm just scared for my body changing and the pain that I'll have to go through. I love kids though." she said and I nodded understanding where she was coming from.

"With me, my biggest worry was having the baby by someone who really didn't care for me and the things that were important to me. I feel like this is something that you have to brace yourself for. It's life changing and then I often find myself thinking that I'm not ready. I have no choice but to be."

It could be hard at times because I just wanted to be the best mother that I could be and the way that I was feeling at certain times, I wasn't ready to be someone's mother. I was just scaring myself like I always did.

My phone buzzed and I looked down and answered the FaceTime call from Camden who was getting a haircut.

"Don't say nothing." I said holding up my finger and putting my AirPod in. His mouth was reckless and you never knew what he was going to say.

He laughed shaking his head. "You acting like I'm bad or something. You look good though. You look like a sexy balding grandma." he said and I mugged him. The bald cap was balding though.

"You are such a weirdo." I said pulling some gummy worms out my purse.

"You stole those out my car?" he asked raising an eyebrow and I just laughed. "You always stealing my shit man."

"These were ours. You have to share with me because sharing is caring." I said and he just looked at me with a blank stare.

"Keep that same energy when I take your stuff." he said and I shook my head.

"When you get my stuff, you take it all. You don't know how to share."

If I was to share my stuff with him, I would have to eat some of it first because he'll think that he could have the whole thing. Just greedy. I was hoping that it wasn't a boy because they would be greedy just like him.

"That bad wasn't even open when you got it." he said.

"Okay you had two bags, one of them was already open, them was yours. I had a bag and you had a bag. That's how you share." I said and he shook his head.

"Whatever man. See you in a minute." he said blowing me a kiss and I did it back before hanging up.

----

Walking into the house I was beyond nervous. T and Lika did a great job with the decorations because I couldn't see shit from the front of the house or from behind the gate.

"You gotta knock on the door first." Camden said and I was confused because the baby shower was happening in the back.

"Why?" I asked and he laughed.

"Just knock on the door." he said and I side eyed him while knocking on the door.

I waited a minute while fixing the dress that I had on and the door opened showing my mom which caught me wayyyy off guard. She had told me that was probably wasn't going to make it because everybody seemed to be coming to Houston and flights were hard to catch.

"You tricked meee!" I said hugging her tight and she hugged me back.

"Of course I did. I can't believe you thought I wasn't going to make it." she said pulling back and looking at me and I could see the tears forming in her eyes. "You look so beautiful. I'm so proud of the woman that you have become. I'm so so so so happy for you."

"Awnnn mommy." I poured about to cry too. "You're gonna make me mess up my make up. Don't cry." I said patting her eyes.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I said that I wasn't going to cry." she laughed fanning her eyes. "Alright come on parents. It's time." she smiled grabbing both me and Camden hands before taking us into the house.

You could normally see the the backyard from the patio door but they had black paper covering it. I could feel myself getting nervous as my mom stood in front of us.

"1..2..3." she said and she opened the door revealing the pink decorations causing me to scream. I couldn't believe this.

"ITS A GIRLLLL!" T and Lika said popping the poppers causing pink confetti to come out. I was definitely crying now.

The baby shower had went on for a few hours and I decided to give a speech to the few guest that were there.

"Wow. I just want to say thank you to God first off for making this all possible. I want to thank Camden for going half on a babyyyy. I want to thank my mom for being here. This might be last but it ain't least. I want to thank my SISTERS Malika and Tiyahna for planning the best baby shower everrrr. Thank you for helping me celebrate my baby, Myquelle Mone." I said and they all clapped making me feel so loved.

----
- yayyyyy g and cam's having a girllll welcoming myquelle moné💕💕
- comment vote and share for the biggest blessings💞
-still the non editing qween🫠