t i y a h n a - t w o

"Grandma Jean, I'm leaving

"Grandma Jean, I'm leaving." I said grabbing my keys and my bus card.

"Make sure you keep me updated on everything. I'm not playing with you either." she said pointing her finger at me.

"Grandma, I will. I promise."

"I'm already mad you're taking the bus. What's the point of you having a car. You never use it." she ranted.

She was right. I barely took my own car. I either rode with her and Uncle Jason or took the bus. My car was in the garage collecting dust at this point.

"I have a good reason this time though. We don't know how long the shoot is going to be and you have to pay for parking downtown. Don't nobody got time for that." I laughed.

"Yeah. Okay. Call me if you need anything." she said.

"Yes yes. I will. Love you lots."

"I love you too." she said and I closed the door.

She was about to make me miss my bus. With Lucky Daye playing in my ear, I walked to the bus stop making it just in time.

I got in the bus and just enjoyed the views. I hadn't been out this way in quite a while. So. when the photographer reached out to me, I was happy to accept.

I loved modeling and helping people bring attention to their brands or whatever we are promoting that day. It's brought in good money for me. Even thought Grandma really didn't want me to work outside of the medical field. She finally accepted that that just wasn't something that I wanted to do.

The bus stopped a few blocks from where the shoot was being held. I decided to get off there and walk the rest of the way since it wasn't far.

"Hello. Welcome to Plaza." the lady at the front desk said once I entered the building.

"Hi. I'm here for the gig with Travis Walker."

"Travis Walker?" she asked typing on her computer. "I don't see him in here for today."

I made a face going back to my messages making sure I had everything correct and it was.

"That's weird." I said to myself.

"Yes. We have no record of a Travis Walker at all."

"Okay. Thank you." I said stepping to the side calling Travis to see what all of this was about.

"Hello?" he answered.

"Hello, Travis? Hi I'm downstairs, but, they says they have no record of you having a studio here." I said.

"Oh." he laughed. "I forgot to tell you to say that you coming for Benny Johnson. They should let you up here then." he said hanging up.

Well that was rude.. I thought looking at the phone that now displayed my call log.