m a l i k a - s e v e n

I sat in the back row of the church where Kendrick's funeral service was being held

I sat in the back row of the church where Kendrick's funeral service was being held. Of course his family didn't want me there. They even went as far as saying that I was the one that had sent the hit out on him.

They were really slow and I couldn't wait to get my baby away from them. We had a court date coming up and I knew it was really going to get custody of my son.

I still attended the funeral because I was kind of hurt about it. Yeah, he may have did me dirty but he was one of the ones that I had loved the most at one point. Losing him actually made me cry.

I tried not to show many emotions but it was hard. Especially knowing hoe happy we were together we were in the beginning of al of this. Before the baby and even after him. Everything was all good.

Sometimes I felt myself feeling guilty for the things that happened even though I shouldn't have. It wasn't my fault that he decided that he wanted to play these street games. It wasn't my fault that he wanted to be petty towards me.

Feeling a tap on my shoulder, I turned around and seen an usher behind me.

"Yes?" I asked.

"The family has requested that you are removed from the service. They wanted it to be done swiftly and no scene to be caused." he said.

Respecting their wishes, I got up and prepared to leave the service. I looked towards the front and seen that they were all looking at me with a death glare. I kindly smiled seeing my son before flicking them all off.

"Before I go, can I at least get a obituary?" I asked the usher.

He sighed before rubbing his head. "Stay in the parking lot out of sight and I will bring you one out."

I nodded and made my way out to the parking lot towards the back of the church building. Them kicking me out didn't really phase me. I knew they was going to do that. I just had to let them know I wasn't scared of them.

They had began talking all that tough stuff on Facebook again and said something along the lines of that they were going to beat my ass when they seen me. Well, all of them just seen me and stayed they ass right there in the front of that church.

They really didn't want no problems with me or anyone for that matter. They were really only internet bullies and didn't want no smoke with anybody. They only thing they were beating was the keys on that keypad.

"Here you are ma'am." the usher said handing me the obituary. "I hope you have a blessed day and sorry for your loss." he gave me a warm smile in which I returned before he returned back into the building.

I sat on the curb waiting for Justin to come get me. He was nowhere but down the street because if anything was to happen, he was going to be there.

I looked through the obituary and laughed when I seen that they had cropped me out a picture with Alex and Kenny and put Amala in there instead. They were literally so weird. Hearing a horn caused me to look up and see Justin.

I got up and dusted myself off before getting into the car. "I told you they didn't want no beef."

He laughed before turning on 'Who Want Smoke?' by Nardo Wick and playing it at full volume before pulling off slowly. I knew for sure the people in the church heard it.

---

"Kendrick wasn't nothing to the community but bad. He was the one out here supplying drugs to the community." I said. I couldn't believe I was still fighting for my son.

"What is she exactly?" Amala asked making a face. "Your honor, my son went to her for help and she left him out there to die. If she would have let him into the store, my son would have still been alive."

"No he wouldn't." I said looking at her like she was the dumb bitch that she was.

"We are not going to speak on things that we don't know to be true." the judge said looking at the both of us.

"Well, you know he was a drug dealer. I told you this multiple time and the police are even calling this a gang related killing. You know me, you know that I come in here and fight for my son all the time. I am his mother. Why can't I just have my son? His daddy died proving the evidence that I had provided endlessly. Just give me custody." I said.

This shit was pointless. They had no reason to keep Alex away from me. I looked at him sleep across the courtroom and I could have cried. I didn't want to keep putting him through this.

"Your honor, I just know she set my baby up to be killed." Amala said before she started crying and I just looked at her. "She wouldn't even help him. This is her child's father. She has so much hate and so much envy that she didn't even help my son. Your honor be begged her.. begged! And she still didn't help."

I could tell that she was winning the judge over and at this point, I was done.

"He wouldn't have to be begging me for help if he didn't get himself into dumb situations." I said and the judge gave me the side eye. I just knew that I was going to have to take shit into my own hands.

---

I watched as Alex's cousin held him while Amala and some more people talked a few feet away from them. The girl didn't have to be nothing but 7 years old.

I walked over to her and grabbed Alex before handing her a hundred dollar bill. She looked at me and smiled.

I smiled back before putting my finger over her mouth and she nodded. I then ran off and hopped into Justin's car.

All that mattered was that I had my baby.

----
- & & & & when it come to malika's child? she gon do what the fuck it is that's needed to be done!
- comment vote and share for the biggest blessings💞
-still the non editing qween🫠