Getting A Job

[Ashley's POV]
"Ugh. None of these jobs pay well." I whine. "How about... ohh.... no... maybe? Nah." Donnie replies. We are on his laptop searching jobs. I'm broke. I need to get money somehow!

"How about a job at Walmart?" He asks. "Oh shell no! I know a few people that work there and... just no." I answer. He nods his head and continues looking.

"Oh!" He spits. "I know. Your pretty good at singing right?" He asks. "I-I guess." I blush. "You could perform at restaurants. Then maybe you could get into the music business." He says.

"I.. don't know. I have a bit of stage fright." I blush. "Plus, I'm not that good." I say, looking down. I would need singing lessons anyways, and you have to pay for that. Where would I get the money for paying for that? From my job.

"C'mon. Let me hear." He says. I freeze. No way, this is way to embarrassing. But.. this job DOES sound fun. I sigh. "Alright." I say.

(Btw the song is 'Ho Hey!' By The Lumineers)

I've been tryin to do it right. I've been livin a Lonley life. I've been sleeping here instead. I've been sleeping in bed bed, sleeping in bed.

So show me family all the blood that I will bleed. I don't know where I belong. I don't know where I went wrong. But I can write a song.

1. 2. 3.

I belong with you, you belong with me, your my sweetheart. I belong with you, you belong with me in my sweet heart.

I don't think your right for him. Look at what I might have been. Took a bus to China Town. Use be standing on Canal... And Bowery. And she'd be next to me.

I belong with you, you belong with me. Your my sweetheart. I belong with you, you belong with me. Your my sweetheart.

Love- We need it now. Let's hope for some. So, were bleeding out.

I belong with you, you belong with me. Your my sweet heart. I belong with you, you belong with me. Your my sweet heart.

His eyes are wide in awe. "That was amazing!" He tells me. I blush. "Aww... I don't know..." I say. "This is the job for you." He says. "Well... If I do end up choosing this job. Then I at least need a guitar." I say.

I used to play guitar, and I'm pretty good. But I stopped once my apartment got robbed. They must have stollen it. It was $500! I don't know how I'll buy another.

"Oh, do you play?" He asks. I nod. "Until my apartment got robbed." I say, shaking my head with sadness. "I don't have enough money for another one." I say. "Oh, Mikey owns a guitar!" He says.

I smile happily. "Really? Can I borrow it?" He smiles back. "Sure!" He answers.

~At Antonio's Pizzeria~

"Thanks again for letting me perform here." I smile. "No problem, kiddo." The worker answers. "As long as you play and sing good. You've got the job." He says.

"So I'll start working next week?" I ask. "Yup." He says. "Have a nice day." I wave goodbye and walk out of the restaurant. Sweet, now I have a job. Sorta.