(15) Space, and Escape

At space, we are gathered at the bridge of Kusanagi, after it's combination of parts. Chief Simmons, who has to cme along since Mu and the M1s are in space, pulled up the map as the request of Kisaka, Vice Admiral of the ship. "This is our current location," he pointed to the 2 red dots, "As Sector L3 being Artemis, we are thinking about going for a Colony groups at Sector L4. Since we are in space, our major problem would be water. As it was destroyed and abandoned shortly after the war began. And so we can make use of the water resurces within the colonies."

"I have some Deja Vu here, but you said it is inhabited, right? Then I can only hope we don't have a Junius-7 2.0 ." "In fact," Athrun got our attention, "There should be a couple of functioning colonies in L4. Some times ago, ZAFT sent a investigate unit there after received a report regarding a suspious group residing there. Inhabited, yes, but there should still be soe functioning facilities."

"I hate to say this," This might be the first time I saw Mu speak in a serious tone. "But considering the situation, we might be fighting against ZAFT in some time. Of course the other two ZAFT pilots are also my concern, but I wish to focus on you, a ZAFT soldier whose father is also the leader of the nation. Therefore, I must ask if we can rely on all of you when the time has come, and if your determinations are strong enough to stay with us until the end of the fight."

"In PLANT, Earth, and Orb, I have seen, and thought of many things. The question I keep asking myself is the meaning of rights and wrongs at the time being. I may personally speaking, I believe that we wished for the same... Meanwhile, there is also someone who also shared the same ideals with us." "Lacus?" We caught on with Kira's word quick. "Yeah, and she was currently being pursuited as a traitor. By my father..."

After the akward moment we tried to leave him alone to his thoughts in the pilot waiting room, while Kira and I get out there and talked to the Orb pilots who are new to space combat, and everything. Getting back to space is somehow... reminiscing. As we are about to call Athrun back to Archangel, Cagalli also enter the waiting room. "Uh... Kira, do you have a moment? — Oh and Athrun and Leo... please stay..." We looked at each other and shrugged.

She handed out a photo to Kira and wants him to looked at the back, when we get a closer look, there wsa two words: "Kira" and "Cagalli". I scanned it a bit. "No edits, or rather, there's nothing about it worth editing..." "My... father gave it to me... before the launch of Kusanagi... saying that I am not alone... that I have a brother with me..." I believe that the two boys, and uh me, are processing this quite... shocking information.

On our way back to Archangel, Athrun wondered if he could borrow its shuttle to PLANT, to pay his father a visit. "How about I come and tag along, in my jumpship? You, of all people, returning to PLANT on a Alliance shuttle... a bit out of place." "*sigh* I guess you are corect." I respond with a faceplam.

As he docked Justice getting on my jumpship, he entrusted the Justice to Dearka, who immediately refuse. Cagalli also runs into Athrun about his rather... interesting decision. "I have his back, just like how I had you and Kira's back in Africa, calm down, jeez..."

As he boarded my jumpship, I closed the hatch. "Here, met my personal assiatannt, Da Vinci." "Pleasure to meet you, Athrun." He was shocked and thought it wa some sort of AI. "Believe me, the origin of these little thing are still quite a debate, something complicated and even I doesn't knwo, so lets dropped it here." I took off as I gave the rest a thumbs up, a sign that I will bring him back in one piece.

"We are soon arriving the defensive network at Jachin Due." "Understood, let's take the quiet approach." 'Cloack engaged.' "Guardian, this may take some time, as their heavily fortified fortress." 'I understand.' As we approached the fortress in cloak, there is a word "Genesis" caught my intress, but I was denied access. Kid's father is here, I suppose. 

I sneaked him in via a ventilation system  and pushed the ship to a abandoned places. I dropped him off and gave him a small sticker. "This is a listener and a tracker, at lease I can know when do I have to picked you up in emergency." He put it inside his uniform, and waved farewell to me.

From hearing the heated argument between his father and him, that doesn't sounds good to me. But I still have to wait for a bit, not bad enough for me to take off... hold... The moment I heard a gun being cocked, I immediate took off and hover a safe distance around ZAFT HQ, Athrun's whereabouts, making sure tha I am undetected.

When he was being escorted, I have the ship hover to a unseen place where I could disembark and leavethe jumpship to Da Vinci. I sneaked my way to a place where I could get a clear shot, called out to my Cloudstrike sniper, and waited. But then he quickly deal with his two escorts and a armed soldier helpin- wait that was DaCosta, second in command of Andrew Waltfeld, Desert Tiger. I immediately switched my scope to the pursuing the armed ZAST and picknig them off one by one. They made their escape while I board my jumpship, and follow them as they hijacked a jet and flying into a tunnel.

Something interesting reach my comms, as they are trying to stop the launch sequesce from a certain Captain Waltfeld, and changed the code of a gate, which docked a launching ship FFMH-Y101 Eternal. I uploaded the new code to them and sent a transmission: "What are you guys doing, it seems fun! Can I join?" "The Black Devil himself! But how did you-" "I'm with Athrun, right behind them, we are coming, don't let ms miss the flight will ya?" Another voice also joined the comms. "I appreciate your assitance, Mr. 'Black Devil'" "My, it isn't Lacus Clyne herself, my pleasure to assist you in the escape."

Few seconds later. "They just keep changing the code, recommend the usage of brute force." "Understand." And I heard a explosion in the distance. The jet got out from Jachin Due and flying towards ther escaping Eternal. As soon as it catch the jet from the rear hatch I received another transmission. "We are going full speed, keep up!" "You care about yourself first, would ya?" As I escort their escape route. 

I hacked into their comm for a brief moment and the base was alerted by Athrun's escape, the suden take off of Eternal, and the sudden appearance of the "Black Devil" aka me. As we approach the Jacqin Due defensive forces, they let out quite a formation, and Lacus had her failed attempt for letting with go peacefully. And it was left to me and the armaments on the ship to fight against the GINNs and CGUEs, which numbered about 50 something. "Please try not to hit the cockpits." "Easy, watch!" As I pummeled repeaters into all MS in my gun range. 

"Small change of plans, you deal with those at the front and I deal with them from behind, move it!" As I maneuver to the rear and let go a couple of charged EMP rounds from my cannon to disable MS for a few minutes. And we those, we escaped from the defensive force with no casualties and damage from the hull.