Chapter 12

Bakugo tosses and turns in the early morning hours. It's a manageable amount of moving until he kicks me right in the gut, knocking me off the bed. I land with a huff, the air knocked out of me.

"What are you doing?" Bakugo appears over the edge of the bed, looking down at me blearily. I just wheeze back at him. "What happened?"

He gets up and scoops me into his arms before laying us down on the bed, curling me into his chest and pulling the covers back over us. He holds me while I get my breath back. His sweet scent relaxes me and I take a deep breath, wondering if I'll ever get tired of smelling him.

"You kicked me" I finally get out. "Have to... cut your... legs off now."

"Sorry. I have some wicked dreams." He puts his hands on either side of my face and guides my head to look at him.

"You could have warned me." I glare "being potentially roundhouse kicked in my sleep is something that deserves a little heads up and I would have been able to guess that you're a violent sleeper if you had told me about your dreams."

"Well first of all, I highly doubt that it was a full roundhouse kick and secondly, I don't normally sleep next to people. I didn't know my legs would be dangerous to you."

"Your other lovers don't stay the night?"

"Usually they don't want to or I don't let them. The few that have never said anything." He pulls my head back to his chest. I'm really confused by the current conversation. Who wouldn't want to stay after that kind of sex. I can't imagine wanting to be anywhere else but in his arms.

"...why?"

"People expect me to be rough and angry all the time. That's the kind of sex they want but I just can't do the extreme things they want." He runs his fingers through my hair and the other hand up and down along my spine. "I get as rough as I'm comfortable with, but it never seems to be good enough for them."

"They're idiots."

"I mean if I'm kicking them in the gut, maybe they're smart"

"Oh, I should go then" I joke, pretending to roll out of his arms.

"Don't" he whispers softly, holding me tighter.

"I was kidding, Katsuki." I wrap my arms around his torso, resting my hands on his bare back. "What time is it?"

He picks his head up to look at the clock on the table. "Six."

"Uuuuuuuuuuugh. Too early."

"I get up at this time like everyday."

"Well good for you. I don't have to be up this early like ever."

"When do you usually wake up?"

"Depends on how long I work into the night. Could be I don't sleep at all or I'm in bed by ten and wake up at a reasonable hour." I say, sighing and closing my eyes with the intention of going back to sleep.

"Ten is so late"

"Alright, old man."

"Getting a decent night sleep isn't something to be ashamed of" he chuckles, kissing my forehead.

"Sleep is for the weak"

"Actually its not. Literally it's the opposite"

"Whatever." I kiss the center of his chest and a small shiver goes through his body.

"Are you hungry?"

"99 percent of the time my answer to that question is yes." I open my eyes and see him smiling down at me.